Thursday, November 7, 2013

What exactly is vintage?

My mother used to take me shopping in the most random "warehouse" fabric stores.  I'm pretty sure we were in garage a time or two buying fabric.  She was a great fabric "collector" and has a pretty extensive collection left today.  Over the summer she decided that we all needed matching maxi skirts.  I found a pattern on Pinterest, and she found the fabric.  LOTS of fabric.  She washed and prepared it for us, and as I started cutting, I noticed this...
The fabric was made in 1987.  Yeah.  I was 8.  I feel old.  I spent the day cutting and sewing skirts for me, Cindy, Savannah, Shelby, Katie, Lindsay, and Macie.  Then I ran out of energy on Maddie's. 

4 months later...

And no, Lexi will not be getting a skirt, and yes, I still have more navy/striped fabric.  She must have had 8 or more yards of it.  :) 

1 comment:

Janet said...

Wow! you are super talented, they are so cute!