From a very young age, Maddie started saving money for college. I don't think she even knew what college was, but she knew she needed money for it. Now college is creeping up on us way too fast! She wants to go to BYU. Tonight we discussed what it would take to get into BYU, and I was a proud momma to realize that she really is well on her way to accomplishing that dream. School is easy for Maddie. She enjoys learning (lucky, right?) She got a B+ on a test a few weeks ago and I seriously thought she was going to cry.
Last year she brought home an application to be on student council. She had to write an essay about why she would be a good choice. She wrote a fantastic essay. She was selected to be one of the 24 children on student council at the school. Maddie is in her element there. She loves serving her classmates and loves being in charge and helping out. Every Thursday, she gets to empty the recycle bins in other classrooms. She loves missing her recess time to do this. (Not even kidding! Who's kid is this?)
She got to miss an entire day of school and go on a field trip for just student council down to BYU (yes, she was thrilled to get her first look at campus). They spent the entire day listening to motivational speakers and playing games to build character and such. She came home just beaming!
We have also become "official" volunteers at Thanksgiving Point. We helped out twice for the Barnyard Boo. The first night we were there, the weather was terrible and no one came. I'm not even kidding. We had 2 families in 4 hours. We were so incredibly bored! She and I started to play our games over and over to keep ourselves entertained. It ended up being a fun mother-daughter night! She wanted to go back another night, this time is was super busy and she had a blast! Thanksgiving Point will log her hours and that will look fabulous also on the college application.
Maddie seems to know who she is and what she wants out of life right now. I hope she can keep this positive, motivated attitude up!
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment