So...someone taught Lexi how to say, "Cheese" for the camera.
Every
Single
Time
It was cute at first, not so much now. I just want a picture of her without her eyes closed and her face tilted up. But hey, she did master a new word...cheese!
Lexi loves toothpaste. She has gotten really good at waiting until I'm in the shower, then she'll start to feel around on the counter for the tube, find it, smile, and run out of the bathroom. This is what I found one day:Pencil shoved down in the toothpaste, and her poor bear got his fur cleaned. When I came in the room, she immediately fell on her blanket and wouldn't make eye contact.
Every day we are getting new words. It's so fun to hear her try to say things. We've recently added, "See ya!" and "All done" and Jeramy got a kick out of "Mom, go!" When she wanted me to follow her into the other room. She's still picking up more signs. The other day she kept pointing to her shoulders and saying, "oooohh." (It was cold). She did it every time we were somewhere cold. (Outside, produce room at Costco). I asked her if she needed a jacket and she got excited and nodded yes. Then it hit me, I wonder if she's signing jacket. I came home and googled it and sure enough, she was signing jacket (baby style). Thank you, movie, for making my child smart.
She loves Baby Einstein movies, Finding Nemo (which she calls bah bah), Curious George (eee eee) and we just discovered Elmo (Eeyo). She loves Abby, because she can say Abby! She can't say any of her sisters' names, but she can say Emma, Lindsay's friend.
She drew this picture - it's a baby. She loves to draw circles with two eyes in them. It cracks me up! She loves to draw and color. She will always ask me to draw either a baby, a heart or a dinosaur.
Nursery is still the worst place in the universe. She loves to be at Grandma Jean's though. She doesn't even bat an eye when I leave her there. Last week, she saw me heading for the door and she said, "See ya!" And waved. Made me wish I was really going somewhere! She's a momma's girl and it's super hard.


No comments:
Post a Comment