Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pork days

We are huge fans of pork at our house.  (We are back on meat, just white meat mostly).  How could we not go celebrate pork days at the farm?  They had advertised a 1 mile fun run and the girls were super pumped for it.  The night before, Macie said, "I just really wish I would get a medal."  And I knew they wouldn't be giving them, so I made adorable little felt pig medals.  I haven't crafted for a while and I was giddy doing it!  (And for some strange reason, the picture of them isn't in my photo stream). 
The race turned out to be a 30 second run. 
Lame.
At the end they were given an orange slice and a piece of gum. 
Lame. 
The girls thought their medals were cute, but they crossed the finish line before I had even walked from the start line to the finish line, so it was kind not as fun to give them to them.
Lame. 
After they had been done for a while, Lindsay said, "Mom, you could totally have made these medals."  I looked at her and said, "Um...I did make these medals!  Do you see that you three are the only ones here with them?"  She looked around and went, "Awww...mom!  That's so cute!" 
And that's why I craft. 
They petted pigs, guessed how much a massive one weighed, made a pig cookie, and ate a hot dog.  (You can kind of see their cute medals in that last picture).  It was a pretty fun hour and a half, even if the race was a huge disappointment.  But hey, it was free, what did I expect?

1 comment:

Janet said...

I love that you made them medals! What a fun mom!!