Friday, August 2, 2013

Lexi 17 months

Lexi seems so big!  She thinks she can do whatever her sisters do, and she gets mad when she's told she can't.  This month she mastered screaming at the top of her lungs when she gets upset.  She also learned how to run away when she has something she shouldn't have. 
She got her very own hamburger this month.  She ate most of it.
She loves to play with anything as long as her sisters will play with her.  She was so funny at Ikea playing with the trains.  We kept trying to pick her up and and she's push our hands away and give that blood curdling scream.  I'm sure some people thought we were trying to take her! 
For Macie's birthday I let her go to town on her own cupcake.  She hated the frosting on her hands.  She loves to play in Grandma's sandbox and in her bucket of water.  We've been leaving a bucket on our porch now, too, for her to play in. 
She' not a fan of swimming, but we finally got her to sit in the water by giving her a shovel and a cup to play with. 
She loves to lay on the pathway at 7 peaks and make people walk around her.  Good times. 
Macie went on a date with her cousin Shelby and came home with some leftover popcorn.  Lexi carried that huge bucket around until she had eaten the entire thing!
She loves to walk around at Thanksgiving Point.  She doesn't want to be in the stroller now and so it takes forever for us to get through it all.  She's learned to grab your hand and pull to get you to go somewhere.  I love the picture of her holding hands with both sisters.  That's not something you see too often. 
The last picture is of her hair today. I got it all up in a pony tail!  I'm sure it will look just lovely when she wakes up from her nap.  Not quite ready for that hair-do. 
She still isn't talking like I thought she would be, so we've been trying to learn a few more signs.  She's picking them up quickly. 
She can say, "Eeenup" which is "clean up" when she's cleaning up.  So now we have clean up, Dad and ball and that's really it.  She's really smart and understands us and she will shake her head yes and no to let us know what she wants, but words are just not important to her right now.  She does know what tons of animals say.  She just added that a pig goes "click click" as she clicks her tongue.  And whenever we get on the freeway and go past the dinosaur museum, she "raars" at them. 
She knows there's food when we walk out of Costco and has started doing the "food" sign and pointing when we leave.  She gets pretty upset when I don't get us a treat.  She's also really good at folding her arms for prayer and she loves to throw her arms up when we say "amen!"  On Sunday at church she always wants to hold the Hymn book.  This past week we gave it to her and she opened it, put her arm in the air (to lead) and started singing.  So cute!  (I've been leading the music in sacrament for the past few weeks, so she saw me doing it). 
She loves watermelon and waffles. 
She loves to read books, too.
She's a bit obsessed with her Grandpa Gary.  She gets so excited when he comes in the room and she'll go over and poke him and run away.  I swear yesterday she said, "guhpuh" but only once.  I might be a tad bit hurt if she says grandpa before she calls me mom. 
She is so fun!  Even if she destroys my house and every night it looks like a tornado has gone through it.  She's worth all the bending over and cleaning. 

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

She is so cute!! She and Ethan are really similar in what they are doing. He jabbers a lot, but very few words. He does good with the "raarrs" though :) When I was reading this, I was thinking, "Yep, Ethan does the same thing"

So cute! :)