Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Happy Birthday, Macie!

I can't believe she's 6!  She was my baby for so long that I still think of her as my baby.  For her birthday she really wanted to get a pedicure like Maddie did, so we went to the beauty school and did it.  She had the biggest grin the entire time.  She loved the massage chair and the cute girls that did our toes got a kick out of her. 

We also had a family dinner at our house.  Macie had wanted a My Little Pony cake.  I convinced her that flamingos would be cooler.  Then I convinced her that having ice cream cone cupcakes would be cooler than a cake.  They were an epic fail, and then I convinced her that lemon (the only cake mix left in my house) cupcakes were cooler.   She was thrilled with it.  She wanted to put all 6 candles on one cupcake with the flamingo cake topper.  She was convinced by her cousin that that might be a fire hazard.  I'm glad we can convince her of things still. 
About a month before her birthday we were at City Creek with the cousins.  Macie found a Bullseye purse that she loved.  I carefully hid it, then had a cousin take her out of the store, bought it, gave the bag to another cousin to carry out and back to grandmas.  Once at grandma's, cousin left the bag on the table for me to find.  Problem is, Macie found it first.  She came up to me with a huge mischievous smile and said, "I know what's in the Disney store bag."  And we all groaned.  I left the bag at my mom's on accident and she hid it too well because we all forgot about it until the night before her birthday.  I called and asked her to wrap it and bring it to the party.  She did.  Macie started to unwrap it and saw it was a box of ziploc baggies.  She said, "Thanks, Grandma!" and went on to the next present.  She really thought she got baggies for her birthday.  :) She was much happier when she opened the box of baggies and saw her pony purse that she had forgot about!
A few things about Macie...
She loves Phineas and Ferb.  Her best friend is Rylan.  She still loves tiny things like squinkies.  She loves her baby sister and always tries to carry her.  She loves puzzles.  She can always find things in our home that are missing - she's very observant.  She's the bravest spider killer in the house.  She's already lost 2 teeth and the top two will probably be out when school starts. 

All day, she was so happy and just grinned from ear to ear.  It was fun to have a day just for her. 
The last picture is of Macie in the pj's her cousin gave her.  She wore those bad boys for 36 hours straight.  Gross.  She kept telling me they were too cozy to take off.  So funny. 

My favorite Macie moment of the month would be this...
At the dinosaur museum, it was Harry Potter week.  The kids were supposed to draw their patronus.  The girls didn't know what that was so I explained it as something that would protect you if you were in danger.  Macie drew Jesus. 
So grateful to have her in my life!

No comments: