This year the girls all locked in their costume ideas in September. Once again, Lindsay's ended up being the most work, which is odd since I bought hers! It took a while to find scrubs for her. Then I ordered them and heard nothing for weeks. (Good thing it was early October). I then looked the company up with the BBC and found out that they are awful and take forever. They finally did show up a week before Halloween! She was a nurse NOT a doctor. She hated that everyone kept calling her a doctor.
Macie and Maddie were Merida from Brave. I bought Macie's dress at Target for $20. The one that would have fit Maddie was $60. Cheap Heidi refused to pay it, so I made it for about $13. It didn't turn out great, but she was happy, so that's all that matters. And Lexi was an adorable little watermelon.
We had to do our "Mystery dinner" the week before Halloween since I'm in a dinner co-op right now. The girls were a little disappointed that I didn't do it on Halloween, but I'm glad I didn't have to worry about it that day!
On Halloween I went over to school for the Kindergarten parade, then Macie's class party. (Where my baby slid out of her stroller. Worst. Mom. Ever). Then home for lunch with Macie, then back to the school for Lindsay's class party and the school parade. It was a LONG day (plus it was my night to cook for 3 other families - yikes!).
I always just stay home and pass out candy on Halloween night. This year Jeramy insisted that I come with them. (So I apologize to the kids that came to my house and we didn't answer. Should have came later, we gave out more candy to the later ones once we got home). It was really fun to walk around and chat with neighbors along the way. I dressed up for the first time this year, I was Jessie from Toy Story. I was pretty cute. (Ha ha).
Such a fun Halloween! I know my years are numbered where Maddie will still be seen with us walking the neighborhood trick or treating. Makes me sad to see how fast my girls are growing up!
Monday, November 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pictures of Jesse
They look so cute!!
Post a Comment