Sunday, November 4, 2012

Choppin' fools!

Last month, Jeramy and I took a whole foods cooking class together.  The class was pretty cool, but part of it ended up being basically an infomercial for a Saladmaster Salad Shooter.  Jeramy and I watched with our jaws on the floor as he diced and sliced everything and anything.
We had to have one.
But not for $400.
So as we sat and watched him, I looked it up on Amazon and found one that was pretty much the same thing for under $100.
We decided to wait on it because why on earth did we really need it?  We had survived 13 years of marriage without one.
But then we found ourselves saying, "If we had that slicer thing, we could do this so much easier."
And finally I just bought it.
We all sat around the table with a wide variety of things to chop.  Everyone oohhed and aahhed.  Then the kids walked away.  I had thought it would be super fun for the kids to use, but truth be told, I was (and still am) a little too paranoid of them losing a finger to let them help much.
My goal is to use it once a day.  I've just left it on the counter (which I hate doing, but out of sight, out of mind).  We've had it for over a month and I have used it every single day!  Jeramy has discovered he really likes a chopped up carrot late a night.  I really enjoy home made potato chips and I am currently working on the perfect way to make them.  (Microwave is way too much work for just a few, dehydrator made them too hard, oven - well, I set them on fire in there).  The kids love thinly sliced apples.  Macie is all about slicing herself up some pickles. 
And cheese...oh, cheese.  I can grate a brick of cheese in seconds.  That makes me happy. 
The other night as Jeramy was slicing up his carrots, he says, "This never gets old, does it?"  We still are happy with our silly purchase.  We are eating more fruits and vegetables.  So I'm calling it a win win. 

No comments: