Thursday, November 1, 2012

Lexi 8 Months


We went 4 Wheeling this month.  She got to go on a little ride and she thought that was pretty neat, but had way more fun sitting in her bumbo sucking on her spoon. 
She's gotten really good at sitting up now and I let her try out sitting like a "big girl" in the shopping cart.  It made me laugh, she loved it!  I loved having her right there by me to talk to.  At Costco, she quickly realized that I was eating samples and she was not getting any of them.  When this happens at home, she screams.  Yup.  If you heard an adorable little scream last time you were in Costco, it was probably her.  She loves the Puffs now, and we did a few goldfish broke in half today, she loved that, too.  She'll eat anything I give her now, but still pulls faces at green beans and peas - but who wouldn't? 
She loves to be on the grass.  She'll play with it, crawl through it and even eat it.  My other kids were never a fan of the grass. 
She got her first ride in a swing, too.  She didn't seem to care too much.  I love that picture though, because her sweet little toes are all curled up - as usual. 
A few times a day I'll show her who everyone is in our family picture (minus her, how sad).  Whenever I show her "Mom" she giggles.  I love it!
Last night she discovered the "Dah" sound.  She was laying on me on the couch and Jeramy came down to say good night.  She looked right at him and said, "Dah."  Yup, it went straight to his head.  I told him that meant he needed to get up with her in the night. 
Speaking of getting up in the night...she's been awful at night lately.  Last night she was wide awake until 1, then up at 4 and 7.  I'm so tired!  I think she's working on her first teeth.  That's what I have to tell myself so that I don't lose all patience. 
She also started clapping her chubby little hands yesterday.  So adorable. 
She still does the "army crawl" but she is super fast!  I love to watch her do it.  I've had to really sweep and vacuum a lot more.  The other day I was so proud how clean the kitchen floor was.  She was a little dissappointed in how clean it was.  So she crawled right over to the oven, looked under, and found all the nasty junk that gets lost under there.  Yuck.  She still goes straight over to it now.  Guess it's time to move it and clean it!
She really is a good baby.  (Other than the sleep thing).  She's content to watch us and can entertain herself pretty well.  She loves her sisters so much, and so do I!

No comments: