Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Cornbelly's

Every year the girls have asked to go to Cornbelly's. Every year I tell them it's too expensive.  This year I finally caved.  We went over 3 different times and they were super busy, so we went home.  Third time there was no one!  Front row parking and no lines for anything. 
They had a "Princess area" where the girls could dress up.  Jeramy said, "Why on earth are we wasting our time with that?  They can do that at home."  I had to remind him that he has 4 girls and that's what girls do...well, 2 out of the 4 do.  Maddie refused.  Lexi slept. 
I tried to be a good sport and do things with them.  I went down slides (which my body let me know was not all right with it the next day).  I rode tricycles.  (which my body also didn't like).  Jeramy got a kick out of that one.  I said, "I'm leaving with some great memories for my kids!"  He said, "I'm leaving with my dignity."  So true. 
For the past month when we would drive past Cornbelly's, Macie would always say, "Mom, I just want to go in that big lizard!"  So we took her in the big lizard.  Who knew it was a spook alley with things that jump out at you?  After about 5 seconds, she was in tears.  We made her go through it all anyway.  Kicking and crying the whole way.  That's the stuff nightmares are made of.  We are awesome parents. 
After the giant lizard, Macie was so done.  We still had the maze to do, so I told Jeramy I would take Macie and Lexi and do the kiddie corn maze, then go wait in the car for them.  Sounded like a great plan.  We set off.  Macie had a blast in the little maze that took us 10 minutes.  Then we walked out to the car.  Huh.  No keys.  So we sat on the gravel by the car and waited.  Jeramy got to the middle of the maze and turned back to save us. 
I'm glad that we finally went!  We will definitely be making it a yearly tradition! 

1 comment:

Janet said...

So fun! I can't believe how big your girls are getting. They are all so pretty!