Thursday, November 3, 2011

Slytherin or Gryffindor?

Maddie has been obsessed with Harry Potter this past year.  She has read the first and second book.  We decided that she needed to take a break and not read the third quite yet.  We also felt that it was a little more dark and above her reading level and that it was time to diversify and read something else. 
She was mad. 
There was a lot of yelling and pouting about it. 
Jeramy finally caved and said she could read it.
Then she threw a "Maddie sized fit" about something else. 
Jeramy told her to put the book back, that she wasn't mature enough to read it. 
She huffed and puffed and put the book back...
...or so I thought. 

2 weeks later I get a call from my neighbor who informs me that my honest, loving, sweet daughter, had a secret she was keeping from us. 
She had gone and put the dust cover from book #2 on book #3.
She was reading book #3.
I was shocked and embarrassed and mad.
I called Jeramy and told him.
"Yeah, I kind of figured she was sneaking it, I just didn't know how she was doing it."

For some reason, we did nothing.  2 more weeks pass and we are in Malad.  I'm telling this story to Jeramy's brother and he is laughing and laughing about it.  Then he says something to Jeramy's mom.  She looks shocked. 
I'm confused. 
Apparently when we were up there 4 weeks before, Maddie had told Grandma her "secret."
Grandma and Grandpa thought it was so funny and clever that they didn't feel they needed to inform us about it. 
Grandma thought Jesse was tattling on her because she had told him about it, too. 

So, apparently everyone knew about this except for me. 
Sneaky little lying snake. 


1 comment:

Adhis said...

Clearly, she is headed for a life of crime.