Sunday, November 20, 2011

The fall

Why, oh why, do I always want to blog about the bad things when they happen?  Is it because if I don't laugh, I'll cry?  Is it because I'm sure some of you can relate?  Is it because it's really funny when not so good things happen in my life?  Is it because when I tell people the story, usually someone will say, "You need to blog that!"
Who knows. 
But here I am again already with a whiney, pregnant Heidi story. 
Friday night I had a regional Primary training.  I'm not going to lie - I was not looking forward to it.  I had been away from my family every night in the week so far, and I just wanted to be home.
But I went. 
I sat for over 2 hours and listened to Sister Esplin on the General Primary Presidency and was spiritually uplifted and fed.  It was amazing!  Many times while I was there, I knew I needed to be there and I was so glad I was there.  I thought of my husband at home, for the 4th night in a row putting the kids to bed on his own and I felt bad, but I knew I was where I needed to be. 
I left the meeting, deep in thought about what I had just heard. 
I walked outside into a lovely blizzard of falling snow. 
Yuck. 
The ground was wet. 
And slippery.
Need I actually tell you what happened next?
I fell.
And not a cute little graceful girly fall.
I went down hard and fast
And face first
And then I floundered around like a beached whale trying to get off my pregnant belly and get up.
In a dress.
Yup.
A few people came to my rescue and helped me find my keys that I had dropped.
I laughed it off and got to the car. 
Then I cried. 
I am covered in parking lot mud.
I am worried about the baby.
I hurt everywhere.
I get home and by then I'm freaking out.
I walk in.  Jeramy sees me covered in parking lot goop.  He laughs.
I tell him I fell. 
"How on earth did you fall forward?  Did you trip?"
No.  I was walking in a parking lot.  I slipped.  I don't know how I fell forward.  Mabye the large growth I have infront of my helped carry me forward. 
I tell him I'm going to have a bath and see if the baby is moving. 
He just stares at me as I walk away. 
Baby is fine.
Dr. Jeramy shows up with his handy iPhone and checks my symptoms to see if we need to go to the doctor. 
I tell him I'm fine. 
(Did I mention I have a cold?)
We go to bed and everytime I move, something hurts. 
I can't lay on my back because it is throbbing. 
I can't lay on my side because the baby is sprawled out all the way across me and if I lay on my side, she'll kick me until I switch sides, then she'll kick me on that side.  AND, I have to use my knees to roll over and they are bruised and bloody. 
And my nose is stuffy and I can't breathe. 
And then,
I just had to laugh.
"how on earth did I fall face first?"

No comments: