
Get ready for picture overload...
Last week we had our Family Reunion at Bear River Lodge. When my sister called to find out where it really was, they told her it was by Park City. We were excited to be able to go shop, etc. in Park City. Then Grandpa drove up to check it out. Um....it's an hour past Park City. 20 minutes from Evanston. BUT, we had a great time anyway.
The cabin was HUGE! Jeramy and I got the master suite which had a king sized bed, 47 inch TV, double headed shower and a large bathtub which all the grand kids enjoyed.
The kids played the Wii a lot! They discovered they could go up to the loft and still play the Wii downstairs. In the basement the big boys had Rock Band going 24/7. (The house had 4 large TV's). We also enjoyed playing family games late at night. One of which we had to guess what the worst thing everyone in our family had ever done. I won that one! And another was to guess the prices of things in 1958 (the year my parents got married). I had my parents both on my team and we didn't even get a point!
We went down to the lake a lot to feed the crazy huge rainbow trout there. I love the picture of Maddie sticking her toes in the river...it was freezing!The first picture in this group is of Mike and Amy and Amy and Todd. Note to families all over the world...it's really hard to have a sister and a wife with the same name. Be careful who you date! Their other brother Jason was dating an Amy also at one point. Glad that didn't work out, too! We refer to them as "yellow haired Amy" and "brown haired Amy." The last picture is of 6 girls in my tub.
(Notice also all the BYU shirts. Grandma requested we all wear BYU blue even though the only person that has graduated from there is Grandpa).
Late night pool fun! Macie wanted her cousin Todd to hold her in the pool, so he got in wearing his clothes - just to be nice to her. 13 seconds later she wanted to get out. He stayed in and played. And got the brilliant idea to throw me in! Ew. At least he threw me in the hot tub, he threw his wife into the cold pool.Jer was pretty much the only one not in, so he went back to the cabin to change. He was gone a LONG time. We all finally got cold and went back to the cabin. A few hours later Kerry says, "I can't believe Jeramy went in the wrong cabin!" Everyone says, "WHAT???" Jeramy says, "Oh, did I forget to mention that?" Yup. He forgot to mention that one. The cabins all do look alike, ours does have steps and a number 6 and tons of shoes on the porch...but hey- mistakes can happen, right?
He said he walked in. Started walking down the hall and saw a ton of people he didn't know. Stopped. Stared. Didn't say a word and turned and walked out. I am still laughing just typing this right now! That is so not a Jeramy thing to do - more of a Heidi thing!
We finished up our trip with an awesome 4wheeler ride. It was a bit longer than I was planning, but it was fun! It was really dusty, so I kept my hood on so that I didn't get dust in my hair that I had just washed.In that last picture, can you believe how strong I am?? Crazy, isn't it?
Now ya know what I did last week! Aren't you jealous???
2 comments:
Holy moley, that looks like so much fun!!!
That place looks like a blast! We did one like that with my family two years ago and it was so much fun, we need to get a Wakley one going! Happy Birthday Macie! Can't believe your baby is two! I guess you need a new one!
Post a Comment