Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy 4th...on the 8th.


I love love love love LOVE spending the 4th in Malad. There is nothing better than a small town parade that still throws LOTS of candy! So much candy that Jeramy's brother started throwing it back. :) I'll do a quick run through of the pictures here - oh, and Doug, I use Picasa and I love it for my collages.
1)All the grandkids (minus Callie) enjoying a popsicle.
2) Jesse throwing candy at us
3) My favorite picture of the day...Jeramy staring lovingly at...
4) The Malad High School Pep Band. You could tell he was ready to jump up there and throw the drummer off and take over for him. Did you know Jer was a drummer?
5)Macie playing with rocks. Then she ate them. Yum.
6)This one is a little out of order, this is Macie back at Grandma's looking through her stash. She refused to share with anyone!
7)Kaden LOVES lawnmowers. He was completely amazed by Grandpa's riding lawnmower. All the grandkids had to take turns going for a ride.
8)Yup. This is the back of my kids' heads. I made them all festive bows that I loved, so I tried to take a picture of them.
9) That's me waiting for the candy with my bag. Gotta love a little saltwater taffy.
10) Hess Pumice's float. I have to admit that there was only 2 real floats. And a lot of 4-wheelers, motorcycles, horses, trucks, semi's and bikes. At the very end, a truck driver came through and we all waved, he waved. Then we realized he wasn't in the parade, he just happened to be going through town and got stuck in a parade. Lucky him.
11) Macie waiting for more candy
12) A really old truck that was pretty cool.

We had a great time in Malad, then headed home where I got to go to the Hannah Montana Movie with my sister and her girls. I have to admit - I liked it. A little cheesy, but cute.

I got home and we headed to Thanksgiving Point for fireworks. After 6 years of trying this, We've got it down to a science. We have finally learned where to park so it doesn't take us an hour to get home. Yipee!

6 comments:

Jennica said...

Sounds like a blast, you guys always know how to have a good old time!

...I just started using picasa and love it.

jill said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! See...4th of July is just soooo much fun!! I love small town activities like that, for some reason they are just so much more fun!! We are heading to Afton for their fair and I am way excited!!!

Soccer Mom said...

MALAD IS THE BEST!!!! Loved the Hess Pumice Float!!! It was my favorite!!!!

Lyns said...

Looks like fun. Seriously. There is NOTHING better than a small town 4th of July. We do it every year. Do you really like salt water taffy though? :) By the way, the Enrichment was the Stake Enrichment that was held a few Saturdays ago.

OUR Coop said...

No I never knew Jer was a drummer! He is a little cooler now.:) hahaha

Janet said...

Tell me your secret of where to park at Thanksgiving point so we get home before the 5th!
Love small towns!