Monday, February 16, 2009

Love is in the air.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
I spent Friday helping out in Madison's class. At school she is Madison, NOT Maddie and I was told this by many students. The boy on the right in the striped shirt is the boy that I've been informed is trying to get in love with Maddie.
Big sigh, "Mom, that Joseph keeps trying to GET in love with me."
"Maddie, we don't GET in love until we are old like Mom and Dad, right???"
Another big sigh, "I know, Mom. He just follows me around all the time, and when we play ponies at recess, he always chases me."
There was nothing cuter than a bunch of kindergarteners climbing off the bus wearing big, bulky paper hearts. Maddie refused to smile for me, but I loved this special Valentine.
And more blocks. Here's why I love my mom. We started this project in January. By WE started it, I mean my Dad cut the blocks and they came home with me to design. I tried and tried, but couldn't get inspired, so last Sunday I took them back to my mom and "Washed my hands of this project" (my exact words). When I went up on Thursday for my visit, there sat the blocks and my mom says, "Let's work on those blocks!" By "Let's" I think she really meant "You." In all fairness, she did glue them and talk with me while I did it. I so did not want to make them, BUT I'm glad I did it and got to enjoy them for a whole 2 days. Mothers always know best, don't they?

We were planning a nice romantic trip to Malad to visit Jer's family (everyone laugh now....we are not the romantic type). But decided to stay home at the last minute. We found out we'd been exposed to RSV and decided not to spread THAT love all around up there, too. It was a nice weekend at home as a family with chocolate covered strawberries and a romantic family dinner at Arby's. Ohh lah lah! Maddie chose to eat there for the "Combos! combos! COMBOS!" -which were no longer on sale! Sale! SALE!

Sunday we all stayed home from church to keep the germ love at home. Sunday was a LONG day. We finally went for a drive to the new Oquirrh Temple and that was fun. As we were driving down Bangerter Macie started frantically pointing and saying, "Woof Woof!!" We were all really confused. Then we noticed there was a horse trailer next to us and it had a horse in it, but all she could see was it's enormous nose. That's a BIG dog. I always love car conversations. Somehow, we learned from Maddie that only girls grow bow bows. Lindsay and Maddie fought back and forth on that one while Jer and I tried our hardest not to laugh. (For those of you who aren't familiar with the term bow bows, Lindsay created that term for - well - things that girls grow and not boys).

All in all, we had a super weekend, and hope you all did, too!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Janet said...

I love the picture of Maddie with the heart! She is so cute.

Robin said...

Hope that your feeling better! Keep working on Jer to come up! Love ya!