Tuesday, February 24, 2009
The good kind of bill...
This actually happened a few months ago, but somehow I forgot to blog about it. I found the picture while I was cruising through Picassa this morning and had to share...
Jeramy and I have been married for pretty much forever. (It will be the big 10 this summer). We received a few presents that, well, we didn't use all that often. One of which was a big cooler - sorry if you gave it to us and you read my blog. We actually got 2 of them, and we love to camp, but always go with my parents who have a trailer with a fridge, so the cooler is never needed. When we went to the cabin for conference, we needed our cooler for the first time. I had been storing other random un-used wedding presents in it, so I had to clean it out to use it. At the bottom I found a stack of cards. I set them aside - torn if I should just throw them away or what.
When we got home, I piled all those random can openers and towels back into the cooler, and looked at the stack of cards again. I decided to open a few, just for fun. The first one I opened was this one. I was totally shocked to find a 10 dollar bill! My first thought was "Does money expire??" It totally made my day! I think the girls and I went out to lunch to celebrate and spent my almost 10 year old money find. Needless to say, I checked all the other cards. No more money.
Is there anything better than finding money?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I totally agree.
The sad thing is after 20 years your corelle starts breaking and all the cookie sheets look like well, you know.
I put $10 in an envelope once and can't remember where I put it. I wonder....
I hope that it was a good lunch and not just a McDonald's day. I wish I could find some money today. It's two days before pay day and I feel broke.
I love that!!! Excuse me now, I'm going to go look through some stuff. :)
Nope there's nothing better than finding money. Now if I could only find the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow I'd be set.
SCORE!!! I love those kind of finds!!
The other day I was looking through leftover wedding gifts and found... a wedding gift! For my cousin. =o) I guess I just hit the recycle stage. I was saving those Pyrex bowls for when mine break. Pyrex never breaks! I think they were worth more than $10. Hehe.
ps I could use a good cooler.
A stack of unused gifts, unopened cards, 10 years passed.
I'm gonna say it: You are so weird!!
But you are so loved... :)
Post a Comment