Thursday, February 19, 2009
Coupons
Welcome to the Price Is Right...How much would you pay for these 10 items? Probably about $20, right? Nope. I paid .77 cents. If you care to know how, read on. If you just want to stare at the picture in awe and wonder, that's fine.
Albertson's is running a promotion that when you buy 10 participating items, you get an instant $10 coupon off your next order. Also, if you buy 5 boxes of fruit snacks in one transaction, you get a catlalina (coupon that prints out at the end with your receipt) for $3.50 off your next purchase. Soo...I bought 10 items, got $13.50 back and handed it to the handsome man with the cart behind me and he used it to purchase these. He was amazed to see my savvy shopping at it's finest. AND he got the same $13.50 back and I went and got 10 more items while he loaded the kids in the car (Total on those 10 items was .45). It's a vicious cycle of savings because you keep getting the $10 back. Best deal of the day was the Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits...free. Or for those of you without coupons, .25. I've found that the FREE things I get taste the best. :)
I went to an Enrichment with my niece in November about Coupon Shopping and I learned A TON. I got a swinging good deal on a newspaper subscription and I can't believe what I'm saving each month. Granted, it can take a lot of my time, but I enjoy organizing my coupons, researching sales at pinchingyourpennies.com, and there's nothing better than the rush of getting a good deal at the store. I would love to take you under my wing if you want a little crash course on couponing. It's really fun.
My overall purchase last night...
I bought 30 items with this sale.
I had 13.25 worth of coupons I used from the paper.
I spent $18.23
AND I still have a $10 coupon to go back.
I call that a successful night at the store.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
oh my goodness! Teach me!!!
I hope that Matt is ok in your class. He knows Caden, Jadon and Mackay so I hope he'll go. Oh and I apologize in advance for anything he does. I'll make you cookies or something...something really great!
I'll just admire from a distance and wait for my cereal goodies...
I loved this weeks sale. Check out my shopping trip as well.
I just joined Penny Pinchers, and subscribed to the newspaper to get the coupons, but I'm afraid to take the dive! This deal still lasts until next Tues, right? Okay, breathe in, breathe out, I can do this, right? LOL!
yeah!! i am so glad you stopped by my blog... it has been a while since i have read yours...it is now in my reader so i can keep up! you are still the talented amazing girl i remember! as for these coupons, you go girl! i am so sad we don't have an albertsons here. i have never been able to get deals like that. way to be frugal :)
My kind of girl. =o)
It took me a second to realize that the handsome guy behind you was Jeramy (sorry Jeramy). I couldn't believe that you would ask a stranger to do that. I guess you didn't. So the stranger's savings was even better for you too!
I'm slow.
Post a Comment