Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Birthday



Madison turned 6 yesterday. Wow. I feel old. It seems like just yesterday she was a little baby! I think she had a pretty great birthday. We had a party with 6 of her friends on Monday. It was lots of fun, but lots of work! She wanted a tall pink cake with a crown. Now that I know about cakewrecks, I was a little nervous to put my cakewreck on here in fear of it ending up on their site, but Maddie liked it and that's all that matters. It is tall, you just can't tell from the picture.
She also wanted a pinata, and I thought, "We'll just make one." 4 hours later, I should have spent the $20 at Wal-mart and bought it. My pinata was indestructible and I finally had to beat it down. It was pretty terrifying holding a stick while sweet little girls came at you with a baseball bat!




For the actual "big day" she went to school, came home and we went to Grandma Jean's. Grandma gave her money and we all went to ToysRUs so she could pick out her very own present. That was a mistake! "I want this one, no, I want this one.........." She finally decided on a silly barbie water slide thing to play with in the tub. I guess that's what I get for letting her choose.

We then met up with Dad and went to Build A Bear for our first bear ever. She LOVED it! I just kept telling myself, "Don't look at the price, just look at her face, she's loving this." She named her bear Bella - with NO HELP from me, I swear! We had left the little girls with Grandma and when we picked them up, Lindsay had a Build a Bear too! Her cousin (who is 16 now) gave her one of her old ones. She was so excited to have a dog that she named Monkey.

We went to Texas Roadhouse to dinner - thanks Grandma H! We had a gift card and so our dinner was FREE! Gotta love that! Maddie didn't care where we went as long as she got ice cream, so I got to choose. :) She loved sitting on the saddle and eating her ice cream.

Sigh, we finally got home at around 8 and had her open the presents from us and Grandma Mary - I mean Grandpa Kim. (hee hee, he always takes credit for what HE bought them, even though we know HE didn't go shopping). Her awesome Grandma got her the SNUGGIE! She was so excited. It's a little large, but hey - I enjoyed it when she went to bed AND it came with the bonus reading light that she took to bed with her and used to read. We got her the beloved Chia Pet, an umbrella that she has been asking for every time we are at Wal-mart, and a box of rocks. Yup, a box of rocks and that - she told me today- was her favorite present. She loves rocks, so I bought her some pyrite, a geode and a popcorn rock and a box to keep them in.

And that, is Madison's 6th birthday! We love her so much and I am so glad that she's my daughter!

9 comments:

Katy said...

Wow, you guys really know how to celebrate. I am exhausted just reading all that. It sounds like a wonderful birthday!

Marie said...

Heidi, you are supermom! I can't believe you made the pinata. (But since it's you, I can.) :) Thanks for inviting Natalyn, she had a ball! And by the way, I love your cake!

OUR Coop said...

Wow I remember you puking in the garbage can at work when you had her. And driving like a mad lady on a mission to your house to see her. 6 years; Really? Anyway Happy birthday Madison!

Jess and Jen said...

Happy Bday Maddie! Kaden about wet his pants when I told him it was her bday! By the way, he has strep throat, we found out today so definitely no Malad for us this weekend!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday! How fun that she got a snuggie AND a chia pet. The cake looks great - at least in a small picture. =o) I'd still love to see the invitation...

Mandi Ward said...

Kids birthdays are so much work but so much fun and worth it in the end. The birthday cake is great. I had to make Becca a My little pony one a few weeks ago. It is a lot cheaper but more work. Happy Birthday Maddie.

M-n-M said...

Sounds like a fun birthday - I thoroughly love reading your posts - I agree with the other post about the "superwomen thing" hope life is good for everyone tell jer Hi!

Janet said...

Love the cake! So so cute! Happy Birthday Maddie!

jill said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!! That looked like lots of fun!! Your cake turned out really cute!!