Friday, February 27, 2009
Another Parenting lesson learned
Today I had this brilliant idea for lunch. Maddie had a Book It award that expires tomorrow, so I decided to take them all to Pizza Hut. They asked if they could watch a movie on the way. I usually only allow movies for the ride to Malad, but hey - I was feeling nice. So I put a movie in for the 8 minute ride to Pizza Hut. We got there and no one wanted to get out of the car, so we hit the drive thru, and I thought, "Pizza will be too messy for Macie in the car...I'll get her potatoes." I put some in a paper cup and gave her the spoon and started to drive home. I was quite surprised when we got home and I turned around to find THIS mess! She was sooo tired, and sooo sticky! I don't know if her poor carseat will ever be the same, and I don't think any of the potatoes even made it into her mouth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
LOL!! That is such a cute story. She looks so adorable too.
I probably should be embarassed for all the times this happens to me. I should learn. And to top it all off after I clean the car once a month I swear I will never let them eat in the car again. At least untill we pass the next mcdonalds that is....
The sad part is that Macie doesn't even look amused!
My best was a chocolate pop-tart for Nicole. We were desperate and it looked like a fairly clean snack before she started. In 5 minutes it was wadded in her hands and caked into the sleeves of her purple coat. Oops.
Don't you feel better now, that it was potatoes instead of chocolate frosting? What a good mother you are!
Wow! She looks so sad. She has this look like, "Mom, the potatoes didn't cooperate and go in my mouth!" Such a cute story though. :)
Post a Comment