I'm a sucker for shoes. That's not a secret. Apparently Maddie has that same problem. We found these shoes at Ross the other night and Maddie LOVED them and said they fit. I believed her and didn't check them. Now is the time when I probably should remind all of you that I worked in SHOES for ...7 years at Payless and 1 year at Fred Meyer. I should have known better. We get home and she tries them on again and sloshes around in them. They are WAY too big. But so cute. We fight about it and I finally tell her that she can keep them for when she grows into them. So I take her out shoe shopping again. "This one is too big, this one hurts, this one is too tall, this one looks funny." Grrrrr. I always used to laugh at parents when they would bring their kids in and let their kids get away with that "these make me run faster" line. Huh. Now I'm that Mom. The final straw was, "Mom, the ones at home are like Junie B Jones' shoes." So you might just see my daughter sloshing around kindergarten in shoes that are way to big, but hey, she'll look good-blisters and all!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
I've Been Buffaloed
I'm a sucker for shoes. That's not a secret. Apparently Maddie has that same problem. We found these shoes at Ross the other night and Maddie LOVED them and said they fit. I believed her and didn't check them. Now is the time when I probably should remind all of you that I worked in SHOES for ...7 years at Payless and 1 year at Fred Meyer. I should have known better. We get home and she tries them on again and sloshes around in them. They are WAY too big. But so cute. We fight about it and I finally tell her that she can keep them for when she grows into them. So I take her out shoe shopping again. "This one is too big, this one hurts, this one is too tall, this one looks funny." Grrrrr. I always used to laugh at parents when they would bring their kids in and let their kids get away with that "these make me run faster" line. Huh. Now I'm that Mom. The final straw was, "Mom, the ones at home are like Junie B Jones' shoes." So you might just see my daughter sloshing around kindergarten in shoes that are way to big, but hey, she'll look good-blisters and all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Heidi I love your posts. You make me laugh. They are really cute shoes if that makes you feel any better! She is going to be the most fashionable kindergartener (sp?) there is. This is totally something I would have done to my mom! Thanks for the laugh!
I hate shopping for shoes with Ella she is the same way, but they are cute shoes even if they are to big.
Soooo funny! They are way cute shoes though!
Yeah, NEVER EVER believe a kid when they say "these shoes fit." If the shoes are "cool" or "cute," they could be sized for a drag queen and the kid's gonna say they fit.
so cute!! The girls do that same thing to me.
Okay the shoe story is pretty funny - but a little scary that she is getting your shoe feddish already.
The pictures of your last visit to malad were nice. I have not played croquet forever. When we were little kids we always played up to grandpa thorpes - ask jer if he remembers losing to me:)
I personally believe that Junie B Jones is an academic nightmare. =o) I'm sure Maddie would love to hear that. JBJ's "real kid talk" usage and grammar may be fun for the kids to hear - Jonathan loves it - but it's terrible for learning. The whole reason that reading to our kids is good for them is because it gives them experience hearing proper language and sentence structure. The more they hear, the more they learn. (Took college language classes, sorry I'm a geek.) But if we're putting garbage talk in their ears, even with a fun storyline, it's like feeding them junk food instead of nourishing stuff. They're almost better off with nothing! JBJ is pollution!
The geek has spoken. Very cute shoes though. I hope you accept my comments lightly. You and I differ on many subjects and that's why I love you so much! =o)
ps - I did finish our one and only JBJ with Jonathan - the pet fish one - and then hid it. Hehe.
pps - Goofy books like Dr.Seuss ARE still good for learning, because they don't reflect real usage problems.
ppps - Can you believe I'm wearing heels now?
Spencer will be 3 on Sept.6. I would love to do a play swap thing just let me know ok!
That is so funny, I just laugh looking at that picture, they are so big. They are dang cute shoes though!!
Post a Comment