Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bring it on!!


My mom and I took 9 grandkids to McDonalds one day last week to kill some time. WOW! As we are shuffling kids in, the oldest says to me, "You look like everyone's MOM." Yikes. I start to memorize what everyone wants, then I give up and say, "Just line up and tell the guy what you want." and I shuffle them one by one to the cash register. Poor guy did a really good job, as overwhelmed as he looked. Grandma buys 9 kids meals for $30. I get them all seated, fill all drink orders, straws, napkins, ketchup, high chair for Macie. Sigh. Food comes. Figure out who's is who's. Do the toy exchange. Everyone eats. Silence. Nice. Food runs out, kids get fidgetey. We send them all out to play. "Where's so and so? Who has Macie? Who is crying?" Grandma decides we should have ice cream. "Can I get 10 ice cream cones please?" Huge mess.

But I survived. Got everyone fed and home in one piece. So I say, "Bring it on!" I'm totally having 9 kids now....NOT! It was tough! If you look at the picture, Jer might cringe if that were really our family. 8 girls. 1 boy. Hee hee! I thought just my 3 were hard. It was tons of fun though. I love all my neices and nephews to pieces and I am soooo thankful that they all help with my kids as much as they do.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

That's a cute, clean "before" picture. Where's the AFTER picture?

Nine kids, no kidding. My aunt and uncle have 9 kids. Four boys, then four girls, then a boy. The oldest just got married and the youngest just got baptized. They're an amazing family, all cute and fun and talented (and good babysitters). Where is the INSANITY? Some people were made for it I guess.

You're a good aunt. I want an ice cream cone!

Janet said...

Wow, that is an adventure! I am overwhelmed with 4. We do love mcdonalds kiddie cones they are .25 :)

J. Doug said...

I thought tha tit was you that always said you wanted 12 kids!
-Doug

J. Doug said...

Let me edit that post....

I thought tha it was you that always said you wanted 12 kids!

J. Doug said...

Okay one last time (its monday morning).....

I thought that it was you that always said you wanted 12 kids!