Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Tomorrow is our 9th anniversary! I really can't believe that it's been 9 years already! I thought it would be fun to blog about our beginnings today. I stole this off of Livingston's Blog, so thanks Amy!

1. Where did you meet?
We met at Utah State. I was going to school, he was working at La-Z-Boy in Tremonton living in Logan. I was...dating his roommate.

2. What was the first thing you said to him?
Like I said, I was dating his roommate and so I was around quite a bit and thought I knew all his roommates. One day I walked in and there was this guy sitting there that I didn't know, so I said, "Who are you?" I had had my wisdom teeth out a few weeks before and got a nasty infection, so my cheek was swollen and bruised and I was - BEAUTIFUL when I met Jeramy. He never lets me forget how silly I looked, but he can also tell me what I was wearing that day, so it must have been love at first sight.

3. Where was your first date?
I broke up with the roommate in November. In January there was a knock at my door and it was Jeramy. He said, "I got a new computer, do you want to come play Solitair?" So I went. We hung out together for a few weeks, then we went on our first DATE. We were going to go see Anastasia, but it was sold out, so we went to see Titanic. We walk in and the place is PACKED. We're searching for 2 seats and then Jer says, "No way. There's my family." I don't believe him and then a cute little blond girl starts waving and yelling, "Jeramy, over here!" Of course, there were 2 seats right by them, so I got to meet the whole family that night! A little back story is needed here, Jeramy's family lives in Malad - 45 minutes from Logan. They don't get out much, especially at night - for a LATE showing of a really long movie. The odds were one in a million that they were there. It was almost like it was planned, but that was back in the day without cell phones, and we were going to the other movie! Still can't believe the odds!

4. Where was your first kiss?
At his apartment. He swears I kissed him, but I'm about 100% sure it was him.

5. How long did you date?
We dated for a year and a half. Long time by Utah standards, I know. We did the long distance thing for most of it though. He moved to Ogden, I moved home for the summer, then I moved back to Logan. He was so good about driving up to see me. We even took an institute class together! Jer was going to school and working, but still made time to be with me- how sweet!

6. Where did you get engaged?
We got engaged at first dam. I was quite clueless as to what was going on. He had taken me to dinner before at my favorite resturaunt and he went to get a straw. He came back and said, "Can you believe it, they're all out of rings...I mean straws." I didn't even catch it.
While he was trying to propose, I was chasing geese or something dumb and he kept saying, "Will you just come sit down??" Totally clueless.

7. When were you married?
We got married August 19, 1999 in the Logan Temple

8. How did your reception go?
Fine. I don't remember much, other than being sooo hungry! As soon as we left - and spent 10$ at the car wash trying to clean our car off-we went to Arctic Circle. How romantic.

9. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Us poor kids just went to Park City for a few days. We had fun though. Love the Alpine slide!

10. Jeramy was an answer to my prayers. I was having a hard time in Logan. I wanted to be home with my friends and family. I wanted to go home soo bad! I remember praying that I needed to find something to make me happy in Logan because I knew I needed to be there. 3 days later there was that knock at my door. Life got so much better with him around! He was (and is) the strength that I needed. He is my best friend. Always has been and always will be. Love you, Jer!

***Sorry that there are no pictures of the Skinny Heidi and Jeramy here. My scanner has not been a priority to the IT department around here. Maybe that's what I should ask for for our anniversary - a scanner that runs on Leopard.

12 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

Way cute! Jess and I laughed through most of those. Jess said they went to two movies his whole childhood: Honey I shrunk the kids and Titanic. You were meant to be part of the family!!

Marie said...

Happy Anniversary! We love Logan . . . good things happen there!!

A said...

That is a cute story. I love first dam, my roommates and I used to go there on about a weekly basis when it wasn't freezing. Congratulations on 9 years!

J. Doug said...

Congratulations. Sounds like you chose a winner. I love that when you were being proposed to you didn't realize it. Here the child trys to be creative and be-bopping Heidi is clueless.
Good stuff.
Enjoy,
Doug

Aubrey said...

August is a popular month to get married! It seems that most of our Pilgrim's Landing friends have anniversaries in August!

This was a cute story. Love the proposal part!

Janet said...

That is so cute! I love that you were chasing geese :) too cute! Happy Anniversary!

Tera said...

Heidi I remember that day at Titanic that was great Jer couldnt believe the odds well we missed you at the rodeo! hope your anniversary was fun!

Joyful Mother of Children said...

Happy anniversary! Russ and I have our tenth in October! I'll have to post something like this! You are so funny!

OUR Coop said...

Happy Anniversary guys!

Kristen said...

Come on, you didn't mention that your first kiss was DURING solitaire. =o)

Mandi Ward said...

Thanks for sharing your story. I never knew how you guys meet. Our anniversary was July 9th and it has also been 9 years. I think we had already moved to chicago when you guys got married.

joeandjill said...

I am glad you had a good Anniversary at the dollar theatre!!
That was so fun to read about you guys and how you met!! I laughed at how he asked you to come play solitaire, that was just a way to get you alone!!