Today was the first day of Kindergarten. We have been anxiously awaiting this day, for about the past 3 years. Maddie LOVES to learn and will beg me to teach her things. I'm so glad she can go to school now and learn there as well. I'm just sad that I now have to join the real world and get up before 9.
Jeramy has been teasing Maddie for about the past week that he's going to go to kindergarten with her. She has been pretty adamant that Dads can't go to school. We all know Jer, so he's pushed her and pushed her. On the ride home from Kerry's last night he brought it up again and she used a famous "Heidi line." "Dad, I don't want to talk about this right now." So when we got home, he brought it up again and finally she said, "If you go to kindergarten then you can't be married anymore, so Mom will have to move back in with Grandma."
Maddie popped up at 7:30, which is way early for us. She flipped off her nightlight as instructed last night by Dad. The 'flip' woke up Lindsay who started screaming about the nightlight being off. The screaming woke up Macie. Sigh. So begins the day.
We got to the bus stop WAY early. When the bus got there, she got a little nervous and wanted me to come with her, I had her go back in line by her friend and she tried to hold her hand. Marisa looked at her like, "what are you doing???" But then she got on and was fine.
We were told to meet at the school on the playground for further information, so I packed up the other 2 and went to school. It was nice to see that she made it there all right, but no knowledge was imparted. Waste of a trip.
Lindsay wanted to go to Story Time soooo bad, but it is early out day, so we wouldn't have been home in time for the 11:30 at the 'little library.' So I drove all the way to the 'big library' in Lehi for the 9:30 time. Get in and realize that they are on a story time break. BUMMER. We went home and cleaned toilets and such. How fun.
Maddie got off the bus all right. I was so relieved to see her waving as it pulled up! (I wouldn't have been as calm as Jen and Gwen when they realized their girls had got on the wrong bus and were not there). Maddie didn't really have much to say about school, but as the night wore on, we heard more and more. It sounds like she had a blast! I hope she loves it!
12 comments:
She is just one of the most beautiful look girls!! And or course I think she going to be so dang hot when she gets older cause she is a red head!! She is one of the sweetest kids in the whole primary. Seriously, just listens, folds her arms and is so sweet! You are very lucky to have her.
I can't believe she's in Kindergarten!! Its going to be no time at all before Hailey is in school...SO SAD! I can't believe that they grow up so fast!! Maddie is so beautiful! And seriously so cute and WELL behaved in primary! We LOVE her!
She is so cute. Funny about the comments she made to Jeramy. Do they have all day kindergarten. It is only a 1/2 day here.
I am soooooo glad her first day of school was a SUCCESS!!! The first day of kindergarten is such a huge milestone. I am glad you got some cute pics...sorry if we photographed your adorable daughter a little too much. ;)
What a cutie - love the curls! Do they do full-day Kindergarten? Jonathan's only gone for three hours a day but it's a huge change! We're all up by 7 for the morning routine. =o)
Hooray for Maddie!! Kindergarten is the best. I hope that she loves it. She looks adorable!
I don't believe this whole "join the rest of the world" by waking up before 9am thing. I often look out my window when people are gathered at the bus stop and you look great! (Yes, I spy on the parents to get an idea of what I do and don't want to look like when my kids are old enough to take the bus.)
Mrs. Belnap- (thumbs up) Good teacher.
Woah- Maddie has a ton of attitude for a kindergartener! When she hits puberty, you and Jeramy are so SKA-ROOED...
It's so fun to see them going to school, but really sad too. Coby's teacher is completely smitten with him (as she should be, ha ha) as I'm sure Maddie's is with her! She really is so adorable.
Thanks for all the fun comments! Especially you, Adhis! Hee hee. Yes, we know we are ska rooed! Kindergarten in only 1/2 day here. Can you imagine if it was full day? There is already 4 morning classes and 4 afternoon; they would have to hire 4 new teachers!
So funny. I would like to hear more 'Heidi lines'.
I am soooo wishing I could have been there for the big day. Tell Maddie I heard she talked to Shelby on the phone when it was on speaker- is this an option with Aunt Cindy? Can we try it one day?
Wow. So fun and grown-up. I bet she's loving kindergarten
Post a Comment