Friday, August 29, 2008

5 years

It's been 5 years this weekend since we moved into our house. WOW! It has gone by so fast! I'm still trying to figure out what we are doing in Utah County, but I'm so glad we are here! This has been the best 5 years ever. We have made so many great friends here and have a wonderful ward. I've included some fun picture of our neighborhood BEFORE we were packed in like sardines.

This is the view that we used to have out of our bedroom. Sigh. (We do love you anyway, Meredith).This would be out of my kitchen window. Yes, that would be Davencourt in the background. Sigh. (I still love you too, Jennica).
I love this picture of Jeramy putting up our mailbox. It seriously took him over 2 hours to get it up, but it's still standing! (Some, I know, are not).

As much as I miss hearing the birds at night, seeing the occasional deer in the field, seeing the sunrise and sunsets, seeing mountains and so forth, I wouldn't change a thing now. I love having my neighbors so close by. I love that when we go outside to play, we always have friends join us. I even love that if I have my blinds open and the Weeks have theirs open, we can wave to each other from our kitchen windows. Hee hee! We are so blessed to live here. We've had a neighbor who was a banker and knew our rate on our home loan. Called when rates dropped and got us refinanced. Saved us lots of money. Another neighbor who told my husband about a job opening his work, Jer got the job and I was able to stay home after we had Lindsay. A bishop who pushes food storage like crazy. We have taken his council to heart and feel secure in what we have - and even use it. We've both had challenging callings that have helped us both grow so much, and some of the best friends we both have ever had.
We never thought we'd be here long, but now it's hard to think about ever leaving!

9 comments:

Adhis said...

We have photos like that from when we moved in! Good idea to blog about it. It was a special time in the 'hood.

I miss seeing the Thanksgiving Point fireworks from my bed and hearing a screech at night and looking out the window to find the silhouette of a freaking huge owl descending upon some small critter in the field. I DON'T miss having to fight the gigantic purple flowered weeds off my property though.

Kristen said...

Ah, the night you moved in! I was certain Ben and Jeramy were going to get electrocuted while wading through your basement. That's what neighbors are for!

We used to call "our" house the Chocolate House because it was the only dark brown one. Not so anymore.

I was going to comment on the mailbox but there's not much to say. =o)

I don't have ANY pictures of the pre-building era! Maybe you and Adhis can share?

jill said...

That is so weird looking at those pictures, its hard to image it looked like that!! In some of those spots like where Meredith is, it looks like there is no room for a house!!! Apparently they made it work!! We are glad you guys are our neighbors, we love visiting with you all outside in the evenings!!

Jess and Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess and Jen said...

You did have some nice views going on there didn't you! I can't believe it's been five years. That's how long Jess and I have been married!

Stephanie said...

So weird that the neighbordhood looked like that. Now they are building that new one behind us and we get to watch the whole thing take place. No Bueno!

Tera said...

Heidi I remember those pictures that area has filled in alot and your place looks awesome hope maddie is loving school I cant believe Maci can eat corn on the cob Kal just got her 5th tooth she cant go crazy like that yet!

Marie said...

Wow! I've never seen the "before" pictures. Quite a change!

Janet said...

I can't believe you have "before" pics! That is really cool.