We have had a goldfish for 9 years. Seriously. Read this This fish used to be called Esmerelda, but somewhere over the years, her named changed to Dorothy. The kids claim it was never Esmerelda, but I know it was. I've had this fish longer than I've had 3 of my 4 kids.
I am terrible about changing the water.
We go out of town and don't feed it for days.
We do nothing to nurture this poor- not so little- fish.
And yet, she won't die.
The other day I came home and saw her swimming sideways.
Then on the bottom.
Then sideways on the bottom.
Oh man, it was over. I texted Jeramy and he said, "Yeah, she wasn't looking so good this morning." And then he says, "It might just be swim bladder." And sends me a link about fish getting swim bladder. I write back, "OR, it could be that this fish is really old and just needs to die." He tells me to change the water.
I don't do it.
I look at my dinner menu...fettuccine and fish. Too soon. Change that to burritos.
I post on facebook that this is the end of our fish...or maybe I'm jumping the gun like last time.
I take Macie to gymnastics and come home to see that Jeramy changed the water.
And the fish is fine.
It's been a week and that darn thing is doing just fine.
Yup.
Never going to die.
Friday, April 18, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment