Friday, April 18, 2014

Our first perks for being volunteers...

Maddie and I were invited to a preview night of Thanksgiving Point's new museum of Natural Curiosity. 
Oh my goodness!  It was so much fun.  They had things to keep all of us entertained, they even had two areas just for toddlers and Lexi was in heaven.  I think we had the most fun in the rainforest section, the picture on the bottom right is Maddie seeing how long she can hang like a sloth.  The picture above it is Maddie's marquee...can you read what it says??
The crazy highlight of the night would be the ropes course.  Maddie and Jeramy were lucky enough to get the last two spots of the night.  They have a ropes course up above the entire museum.  Freaky high.  They harness them in and secure it on a line and off they go...all over the rafters.  Up to the tippy top of the building.  I was under them, with sweaty palms, freaking out.  I finally had to stop watching.  The pictures don't do it justice.  You just have to go and see it yourself!  (Opens May 15).
I only had to be "that mom" once and yell at some (old enough to know better) boys who were throwing toys at each other and hit Macie.  They didn't stop, so I turned to a bunch of ladies and said, "Are those your boys?"  And they were.  And they made them stop.  And clean up their mess.  And apologize to my daughter.  Thank you, moms. 
 

No comments: