Tuesday, January 3, 2012

He's such a beard-o...

Last year, Jeramy discovered the "beard-o" and asked his mom to make him one.  She definitely surprised him, his brother and brother in law by giving them each one this year for Christmas.  I really want him to wear it somewhere busy - like downtown - to see how many strange looks he can get. 

This may have been one of those "had to be there" moments, but I still giggle thinking about it.
We all went to the dentist 9 days ago.
We all got new toothbrushes.
Jeramy left his on the bathroom counter for 9 days.
Last night as I was straightening up the bathroom, I decided to change it out for him.
I threw out his old one, and opened the new one and put it in the toothbrush holder.
Not even 2 hours later, I threw something away in the bathroom garbage and saw 2 toothbrushes and 2 toothbrush wrappers.
Huh.
That's odd.
I came down and said to Jeramy, "did you change your toothbrush today?"
"yeah."
"When?"
"About a half hour ago."
"Really.  Where did you get the new toothbrush from?"  I ask.
"I had to get it out from under the sink."
"Jer.  I changed your toothbrush tonight, too.  You just threw away a perfectly new toothbrush."
"Why would you change my toothbrush?"
"Because it's been sitting there for over a week.  It was time."
"That's weird."
As much as I wanted to, I didn't fish the new one out of the garbage.

Jeramy loves to tease the girls.  Everything is a joke.  They never know if he's telling the truth.  He's constantly tickling them and such.  To the point where I find myself getting annoyed.  In the past few weeks I've come to 2 conclusions about this.
#1.  The girls LOVE it.  They think he is the funniest guy ever and love when he gives them that attention.  So, I need to get over it.
#2.  He used to tease me like that before we had kids.  (Like daring me to get into this huge Tupperware container at Target, so I got in.  He put the lid on and put me back on the shelf and walked away.  So not cool to do to someone who is claustrophobic.  Or turning all the lights out and scaring me after we watch a scary movie.)  Now he has the girls to tease and leaves me alone.  It's nice.  I'm going to be really sad when they all move out and leave me home alone with him.  I will be the target again.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Your blog makes me smile!

Adhis said...

9 days and you throw out a toothbrush? 9 days???

That IS weird.

Kristen said...

I miss being the teasing target at my house. Yes, I am jealous of my 4-year-old daughter. But I'm afraid to tell him - I should be careful what I wish for! Your Target scene will stay in my head for a long time.