I am a facebook lover.
Jeramy is a facebook hater.
We both have our reasons for our very strong opinions.
Jeramy doesn't like people up in his business and really could care less about other people's business.
I love to be up in everyone's business and share my business.
Two weeks ago I decided to become a facebook -not-lover, but tolerater.
I realized that I was spending way too much time on it.
I took it off my phone.
I stopped reading the news feed.
I only went on it to send messages that needed to be sent.
I am 13 days facebook-free and I feel fine. (actually, much longer now, I wrote this post a while ago).
I haven't gone through withdrawls.
I haven't had to sneek a little peek at all.
Sure, I've thought, "that would be a funny status update."
But I resisted.
I don't feel "out of the loop" yet.
I don't feel any "better" for giving it up.
I don't really care if people are on facebook, so don't freak if you are a facebook lover.
I'll probably go back to facebook eventually.
But for now, I'm facebook-free and happy.
What have done with all my extra time?
Studied the scriptures more?
Read to my kids for hours on end?
Nope.
I've played Tiny Wings.
A lot.
So, I got rid of one pointless time waster and inserted another one.
Go me.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HAhahaha! You are awesome.
That's the thing. If we don't deal with whatever we are avoiding, we'll just fill the time with, um, fillers. This is why even after all the time-saving inventions (dishwasher, laundry machines, internet, etc.) we still "do not have enough time".
OK, gotta go something really important, right after I check Facebook...
Haha. I love your experiment. Especially the results.
I find Facebook to be very useful, in lots of ways. I miss your witty statuses, but you know what's best for you.
I went a week without once and it made no difference whatsoever to anybody. =o) Including myself. I don't spend much time on - people think I do but really I just read and respond fast. Probably too fast, since I'm misunderstood a lot. I should slooooow down and think before I type. Yeah?
But congrats on the experiment and I'm glad you posted!
ha ha amazing how easy it is to find ways to waste time.
Post a Comment