She HATES having her fingernails cut - or "trimmed" as I have started to call it so it's a little less scary. I have to trim them almost weekly to keep them decent. She will scream and cry and usually Jeramy ends up holding her down while I trim.
I let her toenails go a little longer because they are usually covered up by socks and shoes. Last night I took a peek and they were LONG. (TMI? Yup). I told her it was time to trim them. She started screaming and crying. Once she calmed down, I asked her to go and get my purse. She did. Little did she know that I had a pair of clippers in there. She got all cozy laying on me (which is where she sits 24/7). Then I pulled out the clippers. She FREAKED out. Kicking screaming crying. The works. I held her feet, Maddie held her arms, but I was no match for 2 flailing legs and sharp clippers.
I finally gave up. I then said to her, "Looks like the toenail fairy will have to come for a visit tonight."
"WHAT??" She screams through tears.
"I'll have to call the toenail fairy and she'll have to come trim your toenails once you're asleep."
"What if I hide the clippers?"
"Then she'll use scissors...or a knife."
Screams of sheer terror. Everyone else is giggling.
Then Jeramy says with the biggest smile, "Oh, and she brings lots of dogs with her." (Lindsay is terrified of dogs).
A few hours later she says, "mom, there's no such thing as the toenail fairy. it's just you."
And yet, look at what she chose to sleep in last night...footie jammies. The toenail fairy couldn't trim last night.
6 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! That made me laugh out loud!!
What a smart girl!!
LOL! So funny! Sounds like something I would tell Rem.
What has she said is the reason she is afraid of the nail trimmer??
My 5yo foster son was scared of the nail trimmer, too. He was afraid of anything that could "cut", as he had sadly witnessed episodes involving sharp things. I was able to get him to sit still when I assured him I would be careful and that he would get to eat one chocolate chip each time I finished trimming a nail.
Maybe try 10 chocolate chips with Lindsay?
Lindsay - 1
Toenail Fairy - 0
can I join your family. You have way too much fun :)
Adhis, she hates that it feels different once they are cut because they have been so long. She claims that it hurts once they are cut. I told her today about the 10 chocolate chips and she rolled her eyes and said, <"Maybe for 10 million chocolate chips."
Post a Comment