Monday, March 21, 2011

Faster than a speeding bullet

I love witty titles, how about you? They are kind of my "thing."

Many of you may remember that Maddie is a little obsessed with all things infomercial. I am so not. Jeramy even blocked QVC on our TV - just in case I (or Maddie) stumbled upon it and got a crazy urge to buy some odd "must have" item.

Over Christmas break I was at my parents and needed to crush some Oreo cookies. My mom said, "Let's try out my new bullet thing." And so we did. I wasn't all that impressed with it's cookie crushing abilities, but then we made smoothies and I sat and customized every one's. Then I was hooked. So cool. Must have.

A few weeks later we were driving to the store and I brought up the Bullet again. Jer wasn't there to witness my awesome smoothie customizing abilities and wasn't all that excited about how cool it was. When we got to Target, he went to the electronics dept and I went to, well, any department BUT the electronics department. When it was time to meet up, he came over carrying a box. He was pretty excited (and a little proud to prove that he had been listening to me) when he held it up and said, "Look, it"s a Bullet thingie. It's called a Bella and it's On SALE." My husband so knows me. I wasn't going to buy it until he said those 2 magic words...on sale. Sigh. I love those words.

We had high hopes for Bella. We made fresh Marinara for dinner with it. I've made french toast batter and scrambled eggs in it, but almost daily I make....smoothies.
It's great to be able to make Lindsay's with pineapple, Macie's with blueberries, and Maddie's with - well - what she doesn't know won't hurt her...I put all sorts of good things in hers that she doesn't know about. A few weeks ago I had this brilliant idea to make a smoothie "base" Each bag has 1/2 cup of crushed ice, 2 strawberries and half a banana. I then customize it from there. I usually just add orange juice and a little yogurt. Or a V8 Fusion, or whatever the girls want. Makes the whole process even easier. I hate dragging out my huge bag of crushed ice, huge bag of strawberries and hoping I have bananas.

Do you have a Bullet/Bella? If so, what do you use your most for? I need some more ideas!

4 comments:

Adhis said...

I have an IsaBlender, which has a little more powerful motor than the Bullet. I love it for protein shakes/smoothies, but I also use it to grind flaxseed and nuts for baked recipes and chop cooked chicken for a particular dinner recipe we love.

Kristen said...

I saw a Baby Bullet! (It's for making baby food.) You need to have another baby so you can get a Baby Bullet!

I bet the smoothies are super yummy. I use my boring old blender but I always love a new contraption that makes a woman happy. Is it a pain to clean?

Janet said...

Oh that looks so yummy. I may have to start making smoothies.

islandgirl said...

Cool, so do you make up those baggies in advance and freeze them? Wouldn't the bananas go gross? or do you just make them up fresh?