I've never thought of myself as FAT. If you knew me in high school, I don't think that word was ever used to describe me. I didn't exercise, I didn't eat right, I was just skinny.
College gave me a few pounds.
Marriage gave me a few more.
Maddie gave me 10 more.
Lindsay gave me 10 more.
Macie gave me 7 more.
The last year gave me 10 more.
WHAT THE????
I was still feeling pretty good about myself, until the sad day that the WiiFit told me that I was overweight and my cute skinny little Mii turned FAT. :( It gave me a complex and I now refuse to play it.
So, instead of exercising on my Wii, I joined a gym. That should help, right?? Just having my membership card hanging off my keys is enough of a workout, I should be losing weight, right? Alright, I know I need to do more, so this past year for the first time in my entire existence, I've been exercising. I've discovered yoga - which I LOVE. I've discovered Turbo kick - which I look like an idiot doing. I've discovered how to adjust the seat on the bikes at the gym. And I've watched people lift weights. I might get brave and try it out one of these days.
Here's the problem. I have no willpower. The first time I think "I'm not having fun" I give up. I feel like a worm that gets half way across the driveway in a rainstorm, and then for some unknown reason just stops. Then it dies. Not that I really die, but I just give up.
Saturday my girls were watching the P90X infomercial. Jeramy plopped down and joined them. Soon I heard, "Hon, I'm going to buy P90X" I quickly said, "That's great. You can totally do that once you use your old Power90 DVDs for 10 days." Silence. He knew I had him. "K, I'll do them again." And I thought, "heck, I could do that, too." So, Saturday night Jeramy AND I did our first Power90 workout together. It wasn't so bad! I realized that my little trips to the gym totally helped me, even if I can't see a difference, I was able to make it through my first (second and third) workout! It had yoga and turbo stuff in it, and I actually enjoyed it. I'm not even that sore, unlike my hubby who hasn't hit the gym since he sprained his ankle in October.
So, check us out in 90 days...if we keep doing it. Or maybe we'll be the dead little worm in the middle of your driveway. Who knows?
How are you doing with your exercise this year??
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I've been wanting to ask you about the Legacy/basketball-court-place-thingy membership. Is daycare only available at Legacy? Is there any at the basketball-court-place-thingy?
Is there a website that I can peruse while I sit on my large pregnanto butt? I don't want to actually WALK to the place and find out. And dialing a phone takes much more energy than clicking a mouse.
Heidi,
we are doing P90X. Lizzy actually has done it for about a year. She adores it. I like it too. It is hard though.
-Doug
I'm doing well w/ my exercise goals. Nate & I are running a half marathon in June. You should join us. :) We are also running several 5K/10K's.
Darn those kids, they're hardly worth it! Are you and Jeramy keeping up with tradition and running in the SLC marathon? I am anxious to run again! You should run the St George marathon with me! October baby!
LOL! Chad is ordering px90 whatever it is.
And about your little mii well mine is obese! But they do say obese in a high little voice to mke it cute and you feel a little better!
Way to go Heidi! Hang in there. You can do it!
I've always felt sorry for those worms. At least you have a good image to think of - I'm definitely going to think of worms the next time I get discouraged.
ps- Willpower does not come automatically. It is earned. Yay Heidi!
Post a Comment