Remember when I proclaimed my undying love and commitment to Hannah Montana? Yeah. I'm bringing her up again.
Yesterday Jeramy came home from work and plopped down at the computer and said, "Did you hear about Hannah Montana?" Of course, I had not, so I asked what was up.
"She's a fake! She's been lip syncing. She can't sing." Whatever. I don't believe him. So he says, "Today on the Today show, her mic didn't do the voice over and they taped it live with her really singing. Don't believe me, come watch." I now invite you to watch it.
So I plopped down next to him and watched.
She was awful. My Hannah Montana-loving heart was breaking into a million little pieces. Dang her! No one can really be that bad. But it was on TV...
At first I was just bummed, then I was mad. I endorsed this fraudulent little twerp on my blog. Ew.
The song ended.
Silence in our house.
"You know they are going to try to cover this up." I say.
My darling husband finally smiles and says, "Wow, Heidi. It's fake. Someone voiced over her."
Sigh. Life is good. I can now pick up the little pieces of my broken Hannah-loving heart and Party in the USA.
And Jeramy wonders why no one ever takes him seriously. I'm so gullible. Here's 2 more stories to prove that I should have known better.
1) When we were dating, he and his roommate used to watch WWF wrestling all the time, so I got to watch it. I thought it was fake. They convinced me it was real. I think it was a few YEARS later that I found out that it was fake.
2) Before we were dating and we were just "hanging out" he told me he worked at Fred Meyer - where I worked. So I kept looking for him at work. I never found him. MONTHS later, he finally told me he was just kidding.
I could go on and on...
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey I watched the video you had linked and it was awful but then i actually looked up the today show and watched the same video and it sounds great. Maybe someone missed with the video you watched. Maybe that will help ya feel better. watch the other one from the actually today show site. Let me know.
Opps i meant messed not missed.
I think I found the problem. You married a man who watched WWF. That right there should have been your sign to hightail it out of Dodge.
I watched the link as well and it is totally fake! Someone messed with the tape and then has put it on you tube!!! You can keep lovin' her!!!!!
Clearly a few friends didn't read your WHOLE post. =o)
The world would be a dull place without Jeramy's. Safer maybe, but dull.
Post a Comment