The wedding was wonderful. It's always fun to see my facebook friends and blogging buddies face to face. :)
Maddie got to play chess with her Uncle Jesse - she was in heaven. She also took her chocolate fund raiser papers for school and scored big time on her aunts and grandma...suckers! (She's the oldest grandchild and the only one in school so far. 3 years from now I know our luck won't be so good).
Saturday morning I went up and had a shower. When I came out, Mr. Spontaneity (aka Jeramy who is NOT spontaneous at all) said, "We're going ice fishing." I giggled and he said, "no, really. We'll be back soon". I was shocked. The last time we attempted fishing Maddie was about 3 and she was having a great time, until Grandpa actually caught a fish. She freaked out and started yelling, "Put it back in the bathtub, Grandpa!" She was pretty shook up over that experience for quite a while. "Grandpa naughty." She would say over and over.
Anyway, an hour later, the 3 hunters came home with 12 fish - the limit for the day. Apparently half were caught in the first 5 minutes. The boys were so proud. They informed us we would be "living off the land" and having fish for lunch. We informed them that we were going to the Taco Bus. The boys laughed and went out and cleaned their fish and fired up the grill. Us ladies headed to the glorious Taco Bus. I've never experienced such a place and it was awesome! Down in these parts, you go up to the window on the outside of the taco wagon to order. Up in Malad, you open the bus doors and go on in and order. You can even sit and eat in it! How cool is that? As we were driving to the bus, we got a call from our brave warriors at home. "Can you pick us up a little something? These fish are kind of small." So I got Jer "a little something" called a Macho burrito and it was HUGE! (Excuse me, I ordered the large burrito, hello! -- name that movie).

The kids had a blast. Maddie kept the cousins all entertained by reading to them, teaching them how to play chess and teaching a little gymnastics (at 8 a.m. in the room right above where I was trying to sleep). We had a great night chatting - until around 1:30 when we realized that the clock we had all been looking at had slowed down and eventually stopped moving. We had no idea how late it was! I had fun holding the 2 newest babies in the family. (6 months old and 4 weeks old). I even still smell like baby spit up. Yuck. Many attempts were made to make us think that the "Fourth time is the charm" for getting a boy. I'll think about that tonight while I get a solid 8 hours a sleep and both of those new mommies get 2 hours of sleep. :)
So here's to good times in Malad. I feel I need to send a big thanks to Kim and Jesse for so graciously letting Jeramy bring home the leftover smelly fish. Thanks. (Note the lack of sincerity and enthusiasm).
5 comments:
So I Married an Axe Murderer!!!
YAY!!!
What do I win! :)
Malad is AWESOME!!! Glad to hear you had a good time!!!!
It was so good to see ALL you guys. Glad it was a fun weekend.
I've never heard of a Taco Bus. I do love self-caught, home grilled fish. Ben took the kids fishing and I expected him to bring some to eat but they THREW THEM BACK. What's with you people?
That burrito did look good though.
LOL about maddie and the fishing trip!!!! So funny. also about the kids at school and the amazing trip to MALAD.... you guys crack me up...
Post a Comment