
(Knock on wood). My kids don't get sick all that often. (Compared to the family average around our neighborhood). We do drink our RioVida (immune boosting juice from Jeramy's work) daily, and I don't know if that's it, or if they are just lucky.
Maddie NEVER gets sick. Until this past week. She brought home a nasty cough from school and she's been miserable.
Friday, Macie woke up with the cough. She was so funny, she kept talking and trying to figure out what was wrong with her voice - I realized that in her 2 and a half years, this was her first sore throat. The coughing really freaked her out. When you've never had a cough, it's an odd feeling!
We teased Maddie all week about the "Little green men" in her throat. (You know, from the Mucinex commercial). We kept talking about the party going on in her throat and everyone giggled about it.
Today Lindsay woke up with the cough. She looked pretty concerned about it. When I was brushing her hair she said, "Mom, I'm a little nervous about those little green men in my throat. What are they doing in there?"
Once again, I have traumatized a child. She will always be terrified of the little green men in her throat when she gets sick.
3 comments:
I am famous in my family for saying "I have a porcupine in my froat."
Bummer about the coughs! That's OK about the little green men I do the same thing to my kids when they say they don't want to brush their teeth. Jess and I were saying last night how we couldn't believe Maddie is 7! Or should I say Madison?
I love that you can turn coughs into such a funny post!
Post a Comment