Thursday, February 18, 2010

The "other" call

I just realized that I never wrote about my other call, so here ya go!

So remember way back in September when I got called as the Primary pianist? Well, not even a month after that I got a call to meet with a member of the bishopric. All I could think was "Was I really that bad?" I was a little nervous to go be fired, but I'm a tough girl.


So I went and I was not fired. I was put in as the 2010 Girls Camp Committee Chair. What's that, you may ask? Well, our ward has a whole 7 YW in it. (And 230 kids in Primary). The other wards around here are in the same boat, so we have combined with 2 other wards for camp this summer. I am the lady in charge of coordinating the 3 wards and making all the assignments, etc. I have been pretty much giddy since October about this!

It's amazing to me how my brain goes 24/7 about camp now. My mom made the comment the other day, "So, how long until camp??" I think everyone is getting sick of hearing about it already. The girls are all in a panic because they have never been without their mommy for more than 3 hours. Seriously. Lindsay and Macie have never spent a night away from me. And Maddie has shed many tears because I will be gone on Macie's birthday. (We will be celebrating the week before camp).
Pictures are of the campsite we have chosen.
Grandpa was a good sport and drove us ladies up to it one day. Apparently, it's a campsite for giants. Do you see that neither of my kids can get on the bench?








The YCL's decided on our theme of "Hero's" this year. I would LOVE any ideas you have about our theme, or great fun things you did at camp.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You know I'm trying to steal your idea for our camp. Here are a few things I typed up. Some were borrowed from your email, some I made up:

--Make capes beforehand, instead of flags, with a different pattern for each group.

--Each group has a scripture about being brave or strong.

--As we learn camp skills, we gain superpowers.

--The spiritual lesson can be about being the superhero vs. the villain.

--Pillowcases with pink supergirl fabric for borders.

--The skits would be SO easy for the girls to come up with.

--I have a superhero cartridge on my cricut that we can make fun theme stuff with. Not that we have to, but it's available.

Those are my ideas. But I hope you get lots of other comments so I can use those too. IF we do it.

GOOD LUCK! You'll be great. It will be good to be away from the girls for a bit.

OUR Coop said...

You are the HERO! I can't believe your girls have not been away from you. HOW do you manage? J-K Unlike me that has left her kids many times. Does that make me the Villain?

Come to think about it I would be that Villain if I didn't get away! Anyway I envy you and all those that don't HAVE to get away. I learn from them daily!

By the way it has been tooo long we need to get together again.!