Sunday, December 20, 2009

Memories


About 3 years ago around Christmas we were finishing our basement which meant that I had to park my car out in the driveway for about a month. Somewhere along the line, I must have left it unlocked because one day I went to put a CD in, and all my CD's were gone. Then I remembered that I had our Nintendo DS in there also and it was gone. Those rotten thieves didn't even leave a note or nothin' - I have no idea how long they had been gone.


I probably lost about 30 CDs that day. Here we are 3 years later and we have moments when a song will come on and we'll say, "Have you seen this CD lately?" "Nope. Must have been in the car." Darn thief.


Tonight I had a moment. I was driving up to my Mom's to see my sister and I was listening to some easy Sounds of the Sabbath and Peter Breinholt came on. Huh. There's another CD I haven't seen for 3 years. But, I had to smile. Tons of memories came flooding back from my college days. My crazy roommates blaring it through the whole apartment at all hours of the day and night. Going to his concert with this really hot guy named Jeramy. I wore my tennis ball green sweater, with my matching tennis ball green earrings. He wore his coordinating tennis ball green tennis shoes ( I kid you not). Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. That's a lot of neon green for any couple to be wearing, but I'm sure we looked good - heck - it was the late 90's, how could we not look good?
And so I say to you rotten person who stole my Peter B, all of my DMB, Narnia Soundtrack, U2, Jewel, the really cool Croation CD Jesse gave me, and many many more of my favorite cd's. You are not nice. I miss my CD's. I hope you enjoyed all my church and chick music. At least I still have my memories. (And I just checked for a picture for ya, no such luck).

5 comments:

A said...

I believe that's the thief they caught at our house, stealing the iPod out of our car. Not that it brings back your CDs, but at least they caught him!

Adhis said...

"And I just checked for a picture for ya, no such luck."

?

Did you Google "thief who stole my CDs"?

Adhis said...

Also, I think it's funny that we both posted a blog post with the word "thief." On a Sunday. Nice.

Kristen said...

Adhis, a picture of the tennis ball apparel. Sheesh.

Jess and Jen said...

Jess can always make you a new copy of said croatian cd! I actually like some of it myself... just takes a while to learn the lyrics. Love Macie's crisis by the way! I would totally get the camera too!