Thursday, December 17, 2009
Happiness is NOT...
Last Monday for FHE, we decorated a gingerbread house. I was super excited for this activity. I bought the kit. I made them all matching Christmas aprons. The fun began...and then it ended. The frosting didn't work. I kept adding more powdered sugar and more and more and more, but it never got thick. Ever. I had such high hopes of my house looking just like the box. Sigh. After about a half hour, I threw my hands up in the air and walked away. I banished myself to shovel snow ALONE outside in the freezing cold dark to calm down. It helped. The girls did a good job, even if everything eventually oozed off.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Blogging sure has changed how we parent.
"Get the camera" has kicked off "comfort and kiss" from its #1 spot on the list of "Things to Do When Your Child is Crying."
Um. Adding powdered sugar to icing makes it thinner.
I know, the instructions said to, but they are wrong.
I did the same thing last year, knowing that it was wrong but trusted them anyway. Wrong. I was ticked.
When you make frosting from scratch, you start with a thick lump and add powdered sugar until it is thin enough. (At least my recipe.)
They need to fire the instructions guy.
Remember: The worse the activity, the better the story!
Macie's face says it all.
And what is Lindsay wearing?!?
Post a Comment