Monday, June 29, 2009
Rules Shmules
Where in the World are the WakeWii's?? Any guesses? We like to refer to it as The Land of Rules.
Time's up. This is Camper world in Mt Pleasant. My Dad got a membership a few years back thinking it would be so much fun for our family to be able to go camping.
We're still waiting for the fun to begin...just kidding!
We don't go all that often because:
1) you can only have 10 people at a campsite. 10 people. Anytime our family goes anywhere there is always more than that.
2) you can only have 1 trailer, 1 tent, 1 truck, no cars parked there. It gets a little tricky smuggling people in. Feels like we're sneaking across the border sometimes.
3) They have a pool, but they don't let kids under 3 in. Go ahead and tell Macie she can't get in! They don't let kids in the pool past 7 p.m.
4) The playground is fun, but once again, rules shmules..."Play at your own risk!!" "85 pound limit" (if only I hadn't ate that last slice of pizza I could have played on the toys).
and on and on and on.
BUT, we do love camping. It is fun to be at Camper world, but we just have just as much fun when Dad finds a random spot along the road and calls it 'camp,' too.
This particular trip was for the Manti Pageant. I took my girls, my sister took her daughter and we took my other sister's daughter, too. So...my Dad got to spend a fun-filled night with 7 girls. He let us sleep in the trailer and he slept all alone in the peace and quiet out in my tent.
We had a great time! The Pageant was awesome. When they were saying the opening prayer, the man went to say that it wouldn't rain, but stopped and said, "and let the pageant be able to go on" or something like that. About 10 minutes into the pageant it started to rain. It never poured rain, but it was definitely raining for about an hour. It never got bad enough that they had to stop. Macie fell asleep right when it started to rain - I was so shocked. She's the kind of kid that has to be in her bed with her blanket and a sippy of water.
As I sat there in the rain with my sleeping baby, I knew I was supposed to be there. I was able to really watch the pageant, and watch Maddie watch the pageant. (Lindsay fell asleep, too). Maddie was totally engrossed in it all, and I'm pretty sure she liked it even though when we asked her at the end what she thought and she said, "It was not very good!" (I think that would be her stubborness coming through again because before we went, she kept telling me it was not going to be good). I was able to shed a few tears because my face was already wet from the rain, so who would notice a few more wet spots? I was able to really feel the Spirit and the importance of what was being taught. It was amazing! In years past, I've been so busy keeping my kids quiet and distracted, that I haven't been able to really watch it. I highly recomment to all that next year, you pack up your kids and drive down to Manti and start a family tradition!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Ben's family totally went to Camper World for their reunions all the time!
I love manti, that's the temple we got married in.
(singing)
Sign, sign, everywhere a sign, blocking out the scenery, breaking my mind. Do this, don't do that. Can't you read the sign?
(end singing)
Campers world huh? Maybe it's a good thing we never made it there. What did Jeramy do without all his girls?
Careful about Camperworld. Remember my parents manage knotty Pine in woodland. The rules can be a bit obnoxious at times!
Post a Comment