I just finished watching Jeopardy for the first time in years! As I watched, I had these random thoughts about my day.
Today's category will be:
NUMBERS
"I'll take numbers for 200, Alex."
"The answer is 10:30"
"What is the time Lindsay woke up today?"
"That is correct!"
"I'll take numbers for 300."
"The answer is 3."
"How many hand mixers have I had to buy since Christmas?"
"That is correct! Really?? you must use it a lot!"
"Nope, somehow they just keep breaking. Jeramy told me to spend more that $10 on it. So, today I splurged bought the $20 one."
"Numbers for 400."
"The answer is 59."
"What is the number of votes the HOA still needs to pass the new CC&Rs by Saturday?"
"Yes!" (Please vote if you haven't, K?)
"Numbers for 500, Alex."
"The answer is 20."
"How much did I pay for the 2 chairs I bought on KSL today?"
"That is correct - and good going by the way finding those! What a deal!"
Final Jeopardy Answer:
"The Answer is 2."
(Everyone sing the theme song for me here while I write...)
How many random illnesses have we had in our home already this week??
"That is correct! Way to go, Heidi! Umm...illnesses? Should you be here?"
"Probably not. I'm not sure what's wrong with me. All of my joints are swollen and hurt. I wimped out of going to the DR today. I hate to have my blood drawn. Besides, I haven't been to see him for 6 years, so why break that record over something as silly as ...severe pain and discomfort. I'm feeling better though!"
"And the other illness?"
"Oh, that one. I think I've narrowed that down to terrible parenting on my behalf. I sprayed Macie with bug spray on Friday when we were camping. When we got home Saturday, I put her straight to bed. Then we went to a birthday party, then dinner, then bed. Then church. Sunday night I noticed a rash on her legs. Then her arms, then her face. Monday night I finally realized that I had not bathed that kid since Friday! The rash is only where I sprayed her. I am a terrible mother, but really good at Jeopardy!"
Tune in tomorrow for another exciting show...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That was sooo funny! You are the best. I hope you start feeling better soon!
I think I can beat your KSL purchase. Last night, we bought a trampoline for $20!
You are not the worst mother! Just normal! I can't beleive you thought all of that up! Real funny!
This post is hilarious, Heidi! :)
Good writing!
And good luck with the 59 votes! The Bouchas are stubborn people. :D
Oh my goodness! You have definately been busy. I hope you get to feeling better soon! Let me know if you need anything. :)
Sorry you aren't feeling well! Bummer! That Jeramy comment about the hand mixer is a total Jesse comment!
I sang the song for you. I bet nobody else did.
I just found out that I'm allergic to Hawaiian Tropic suntan lotion - the kind that smells like coconut. My mom has always used it. Sorry Lindsay, I feel your pain!
Post a Comment