Friday, June 5, 2009

Oh, happy day!

I remember as a child looking forward to the day my parents would FINALLY put the pool up. It always seemed like they waited too long! This past week every day, I was asked by Maddie, "Mom, has Grandpa put the pool up yet??" Over and over again. When we went up to Grandma's on Thursday, I asked Grandpa what the hold-up was on the pool. He quickly pulled out his iphone and showed me his calendar for the week.
Mon: 4 wheeling
Tues: 4 wheeling
Wed: 4 Wheeling
Thurs: put up pool.
The girls were soooo excited! My favorite part was Safety Girl Maddie wearing her life jacket - in 2 inches of water! I also love that my 16 and 17 year old nieces are right there with the kids playing in the water - they even sqeezed their tiny little bums into my kids' swim shorts! Wow!

It takes 2 days to fill the pool up, and a month to get the water warm. Then it's time to change the water. We learned that the pool holds 5,400 gallons of water. Glad that's not my water bill!

We are looking forward to many fun filled days in Grandma's pool this summer!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Keep a close eye on that Maddie girl - it's the daredevil kids that get into danger in the water. =o)

Ben's mom sent us an inflatable boat, to fill with water as a swimming pool. A bit backwards but it might actually work!

Jess and Jen said...

Send some sunshine this way! We've had two weeks of rain! I didn't see you in the pics! Don't you swim!? Hehehehe