Monday I finally broke down and took
Macie to the doctor - and the other 2 girls since they broke out in the rash that morning as well. (I only paid 1 co-pay, what would you have done? 3 kids, same symptoms). We found out it was Fifth Disease. A lovely virus that has no symptoms until you are no longer
contagious. Once you get the rash, you are fine. We came home and I started to read up on it on the all-mighty
internet and lo and behold,
" An adult who is not immune can be infected with
parvovirus B19 and either have no symptoms or develop the typical rash of fifth disease, joint pain or swelling, or both. Usually, joints on both sides of the body are affected. The joints most frequently affected are the hands, wrists, and knees. The joint pain and swelling usually resolve in a week or two, but they may last several months."
Ta
dah! I had it, too! My joints are still a little swollen and sore, but nothing like it was last week! It was good to know what was wrong with me - with no drawing of blood and no co-pay for me!

We have actually enjoyed the rain this past week. The girls were outside enjoying their umbrellas when there was a HUGE crash of lightening close by. They both let out a terrified squeal and ran back to the garage faster than I knew they could run. I heard my neighbor Robbie (who was sitting in his garage enjoying the storm as well) chuckling over it - just like I was. It made my day.

Dancing Queen
Macie didn't want her shoes on, so that's as far as she ventured out, but she liked to feel it on her hand.

And I held our first Book Club for Kids this week, too. We invited 10 girls around Maddie's age to bring their favorite book and we took turns reading them and then had lunch. It was so much fun! I can hardly wait for the next one!
And that, my friends, was a week at the Wakewii's!
7 comments:
I love your cute book club for kids idea! What a wonderful activity!
So glad you guys are having a good time over there...as always! I am happy to hear that you all are diagnosed and going to be okay, too. =)
I love the book club for kids. Awesome! I am going to have to start that around here!
You know Alicia and I have been going to a splash pad in Herriman. You want to come next time?
Rain Rain go away~ today is the first day of sunshine in a long time! That is crazy about fifth disease, i have never heard of it!
Thanks for putting on the book club what a fun summer activity! Just wanted to let you know that I do have one spot in the older kids gymnastics class it is on Wed at 1:00 pm and I have an opening on Tue at 11:30 if Lindsey wants to start up again. Let me know.
Post a Comment