Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Not a happy camper
Life is just not fair. This picture shows perfectly the scowl I had been staring at for the past 6 days. Macie thought it would be fun to contact viral stomatitis (Technical term as far as I can read the chicken scratch from the doctor)/herpes (the term that makes everyone cringe and shy away from her)/cold sores (The term most of us are familiar with). Not fun. If you've ever had a cold sore, multiply that pain by about 20 and throw in a fever. That's been our week. She is miserable, which means I am miserable. She just wants to be held, and even then she cries. She hasn't had solid food in 6 days and can't sleep because her mouth hurts so bad. She has cold sores on her lips, tongue and possibly tonsils by now and all of her gums are swollen and bleeding.
I even pulled out my Grinch shirt for today. Man, I'm grumpy. I can't even think of anything funny or witty to add to this post. If you read the post before about Macie learning how to say "yes" well, she also learned how to say "no" with way too much anger and conviction for a 20 month old baby. But, I think we are on the mend. We are almost past the contagious stage, so life as we know it can resume. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Get better soon Macie! We love you.
That sounds soooo horrible. I wish we could all make it better by sending you our best wishes. Get better soon!
That's no fun, hope things get better FAST. She's still a cutie.
OOOHHHH! I hope she gets better soon! That totally sucks!
oh.... poor thing.
You too.
That is so non-fun.
Get well soon, little WakeWii.
Totally depressing!
I am soooo sorry.
Tell Macie that Auntie Cindy loves her!
I hope that you had a good night out! and that Macie mends a little more tomorrow. Your the best mom in the world!! (other than ours of coarse)
I am soooo sorry.:( my brother and mom have those really bad. My brother came over yesterday and he has a huge one on his lip right now and I told him about Macie and he could have cried for her and you! I have heard though that the first outbreak is huge when they are young but that they are much milder the next time. I don't know if that consoles at all but thought I would share! Sorry again. That sucks!
Owie! Poor Macie and Heidi! Ellie had something like that a couple months ago. No good.
Not that it's helpful four days later, but I'm so sorry! I hope she's doing tons better. She's still cute, even with all the owies.
Post a Comment