So...I was just looking through my camera and I guess I have to admit, I've been a blog snob. Sorry everyone. I thought it was just my sister being all super-sensitive about my lack of posting, but I've got some good material on here, so I guess it's time to share!

This was tonight's mystery. Maybe you can help solve this
unsolved mystery. Here's the whole story. I'm in a card swap group. My cards were due Saturday. I put off finishing my cards until...Sunday. I went to print the "Happy Birthday" part to put on them and it came out PINK not BLACK.
Grrrr. Black ink must be out. I guess I'll have to be 2 days late. So today I pack up the kids and go get the cartridge refilled. Come home. Put it back in and it won't even read my cartridge or something. So I wait for I.T. to get home and he magically gets it to print just by pushing "print" - which I had tried a million times. But it comes out PINK again. I'm baffled. He does more IT stuff and prints again. PINK. I say jokingly, "I wonder if it's this cheap
cardstock I bought at
Chal-mart." So I stick in a different paper. BLACK magically comes out. We switch paper back and forth a few hundred times (which means I will be refilling the cartridge soon again) and are completely baffled STILL as to why the
Chal-Mart paper makes it PINK. Any ideas?

Picture #2. This was attempt # 1 at the Barbie princess cake. I should add that the bottom was BLACK ( not pink,
hee hee). I scraped off the black and flipped it out of the pan and
walah - I had made a pudding cake - not on purpose. Good thing attempt #2 turned out, and good thing
Adhis took a picture of it for me. (And I'm glad she had fun with her cake, too. My cake is the one that's
not modest).

And now you might ask who that handsome man is with my daughter. That would be the best Primary teacher going above and beyond the call of duty. No really. We went to a birthday party at Boondocks with some neighbors.
Jer had stayed home with
Macie and we didn't think this whole thing through very well. Lindsay needed me and Maddie needed me, so Blake filled in and took Maddie on some rides. Thanks, Blake! She LOVED
chillin' with the men!

And this would be how much fun Lindsay had at Boondocks. Sheer terror. Maddie dragged her to the top if the Kiddie Cove and left her. Lindsay got a LITTLE hysterical and I had to climb up and save her. I am afraid of heights, and more afraid of being known as "that mom who broke the toys at Boondocks" but I did it. I then tried to help her get over her fear of the toys. If you look closely at this picture you will see THE GROUND not 6 inches below her. It took a while, but she got over it and loved playing. (And yes, I took a picture of my daughter screaming her lungs out, walked back to my friends and they said, "did you really just take a picture of her crying?" and I said, "yeah, it's so bloggable!")

Maddie was tall enough for the boats, but didn't really understand it at all. She just went in circles and circles until the poor teenage worker took pity on her and grabbed her boat and tethered her before time was up. Thank you Boondocks worker from saving her from puking in your pool!
Well... that covers most
bloggable moments that I have neglected as of late. I'm so sorry to all my fans - I will do better. I have limited myself to 3 Gilmore Girls a day, and I'm on season 6, so I'm almost done. Life as I know it shall resume shortly.
5 comments:
I love that you took a picture of her crying for blogging purposes! you are so funny!
I think that we had your barbie cake at our table. If it was, then Amelia was the one that made the first cut :)
I love everything about this post. From the princess cake to Lindsay crying. It made me laugh. If you look back through my posts you will see a picture of a TERRIFIED Ava at a Jazz game with fireworks. You're not the only horrible mom that takes pictures before you comfort. :)
The Gilmore girls may get over but life will not return to normal if your anything like me. (I miss my discs)No just kidding. I love the update. The pictures are awesome. I wish someone at our house could take good pictures.
Maybe it's the fancy Crayola Color Wonder paper. You should buy tons and sell it on eBay.
I'm glad Maddie enjoyed her first date!
I'm annoyed with myself that I haven't read this post til just now. I really need to spend less time on FB and more time reading blogs, especially yours because you always make me laugh. I need to have Blake read this one too because it will make him feel good ;)
So am I dumb or why do you call Walmart "Chal-mart" because it's cheap??? Fill me in so I don't look retarded.
Post a Comment