Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Macie, the good and the bad
Macie learned how to say, "Yeah" yesterday. For some strange reason, I am so excited about this! She's been shaking her head yes and no for months now, but now I feel like she's a little older - a little wiser - like she's really understanding me. And is there really anything cuter than that little voice answering you when you ask something?
"Macie, do you want some milk?"
"Yeah."
Oh, I just love it!
She has also learned to hit quite well. She enjoys hitting me the most. Must be because I'm the one who always has to say NO. Linsday comes in a close second though. Last night we were all watching Maddie play the Wii Fit and out of no where, with no provoking - Macie walked straight over to Lindsay and pushed her over. All the way over. Jeramy and I just laughed - terrible parents, I know. I think that Macie might have been getting even for the night before when Lindsay pushed her down our 2 steps in the family room. Poor Macie bit into her bottom lip and bruised her top 2 teeth - yuck. Last night it was almost like she was playing and then thought, "Huh, I never pushed Lindsay back from the other night - gotta get even."
This whole sister love/hate dynamic is new to me. Sure, I have 4 sisters, but they are older and I don't think we ever really fought like my girls do. I only have one memory of my sister (who shall remain nameless) chasing me with a fork, and I'm sure my girls have way more than that already. But I am always amazed that they can hate each other one minute, and love each other so much the next. There is nothing better than all 3 of them just playing together. It's always a toss up - get them ready for bed or let them continue playing so well together.
I love to see how much they rely on each other already. When we were in Malad this past weekend, I put Macie in the crib and she immediately panicked and wanted to get out. Lindsay layed down on the couch by her and said, "It's all right, sweetie, I'm here." Macie calmed right down and they both fell asleep.
Sigh, I love my girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I love those pics of Macie! She is so cute. Ava has the same sweater. :) I grew up with 2 younger sisters and we fought like crazy! BUT, if anybody did anything mean to either one of them, I was all over it. :) Lindsay really does seem like a little mom sometimes. :)
Her pictures are so adorable! I love when Lexi and Abby play good with each other. Sisters are great.
Those pictures are adorable. :) I totally understand the love/hate relationships. Isn't it great that the good times are just so good though? It makes it all worthwhile.
I love them too!
Could the sister chasing you be me!!! I also remember shutting your finger in the door. Thats what sisters for! The pictures look adorable. I wish I could take pictures like you.
love ya!
Is that what girls do? Hmmm.
What's with boys anyway? The playing equals the fighting but there's not much nurturing. "Mom tell him to stop crying so I can go to sleep!"
I bet you're just a good mom!
I am so behind on blogs!! I had to read like 6 weeks worth! Never a dull day at the Wakley-Lehi house!
Post a Comment