Sunday, March 22, 2015

Change is hard

We decided it was time for Jeramy to upgrade his car.  We bought the Civic when I got my first Payless store back in 2000.  It was the best car and lasted us for 15 years with only a few minor mechanical fixes.  It was hard to say goodbye, but Jeramy said he was done driving my hand me downs and wanted a new car of his own.  :)

We shopped around.  He really wanted a Honda CR-V, but then when we drove it, we didn't like it.  He drove a few sedans but had his heart set on a cross over.  We discovered that we really liked the Ford Escape - which if you know our track record with Fords, you'd be as surprised as we were that we liked it.  The only problem was that it was bright blue and I put my foot down.  No way.  The next day, the car dealership texted us a picture of a silver one.  More expensive - of course - but once we drove it, we had to have it.

I had a hard time saying good bye to the Civic.  Jeramy had no problem whatsoever.  :)

We are now enjoying our Ford Escape with heated seats, auto seat adjusters and bluetooth.  We haven't figured out how to use half the buttons in it yet.

Can I say that the best part of car shopping was that Maddie was able to stay home with all the kids and Jeramy and I got to go on fun little dates to car lots.  It was really enjoyable.  (Also, enjoyable because we wanted a new car, not because we needed one).  We took Lexi when we drove the blue Escape and if you still ask her, she'll tell you that she wanted the blue car.

No comments: