Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Ogden Family Reunion

When I was young, I always looked forward to the Ogden Family Reunion.  We would go camping for a few days.  Play lots of cards and sing songs around the campfire with my Uncle Vic and make crafts. 
In the past 10 years or so, my aunts and uncles have gotten a tad bit too old for camping so the reunions have now evolved to an afternoon at the park.  Sad, but still fun to see all of my relatives.  This year there was someone I didn't recognize so I asked my mom who it was and she called him over and said, "My daughter didn't recognize you.  She's my youngest.  She voted for Obama."  Yup.  That's how she introduced me to my cousin.  I love my mom.  (Side story...last week while at my mom's house, she offered Maddie a coke.  Maddie, being the responsible kid that she is, asked me if she could have it.  I said no.  My mother brought me in my cup of Sonic ice and said, "If Maddie can't have coke, neither can you."  And she poured Sprite into my glorious crushed ice.  I was crushed).
Back to the reunion.  Jeramy is always "too busy" to attend these parties.  My brother in law, Scott, came.  He was quick to point out that being there should boost him into son in law #1 spot.  Jeramy and Scott go back and forth having that spot.  (They are the only son in law's in Utah, the other ones get boosted up to that spot when they come to visit).  Scott insisted I send Jeramy a picture of him with my parents.  Love it. 
Even though we don't go camping anymore, we still have the tradition of the sawdust treasure hunt that we used to do camping.  They hide candy and money in the sawdust and the kids get to dig for it.  Good times!  You can still enjoy the good times when you get in my car right now - sawdust everywhere!

No comments: