Monday, July 21, 2014

Parades!

This year we had a very different experience with parades.  Instead of sitting on the sidelines and catching candy, we were the ones throwing it!  My kids agreed, it was more fun to be in the parade than watching it. 
We were in the Saratoga Springs Parade and the Lehi parade.  We didn't have a lot of time to get things put together, but it was fun to have a project!  For Lehi, we had to have a theme and I chose bubbles.  "Pop in today and visit us!"  We had bubble guns, a bubble maker and I made these adorable bottle of bubble costumes that were impossible to walk in and the kids all quickly took them off.  Oh well.  I also ordered t-shirts for the clinic.  Kind of fun to see our logo in print.   12 huge bags of taffy from Costco wasn't enough. 
We learned a lot for next year!  Hoping to actually get a more decent "float" created. 

No comments: