This month shall forever be known as the month that the binkie went away.
Awful month.
Terrible month.
When the binkie went away, so did naps.
You should see the tears falling on the keyboard as I type...
Lexi started biting her binkies and they would just fall apart. For a few weeks, I was the enabling mom who just kept buying more. Then Dad said no more and we both cried.
Pictures from top left to right... Lexi saw Cassie and Target. Santa brought her Cassie and she was so angry that I wouldn't let her take Cassie home with us. She really thought we were leaving her doll at the store.
She's discovered pony rides at the farm. Loves it!
We've had a few good days and she loves to draw on the sidewalk.
As mentioned last month, she walks next to me in the store now. When she gets tired, she just lays down wherever we are.
And another favorite outside past time...she loves the kitchen!
She carried her really large Jimmy John's loaf of bread around for hours nibbling on it. Made me smile.
And the last picture would be me working...while holding her. She finally just fell asleep. This whole no nap thing is hard for both of us. She clearly still needs a nap. :(
Grandma is such a good sport! That little patch of snow was the only bit of snow in their whole yard. Grandma would carry it by the shovel full over to the cement for Lexi to play in. All of that excitement wore her out and she fell asleep on our ride home. I had to go to Sam's Club and I couldn't believe that she slept in the cart the entire time I shopped. I wish I had taken a picture of her surrounded by all of the groceries!
And we went to Cookie Cutters for a haircut! Not her first haircut, but first super cool one that involved sitting in a "blue car" that she chose. I had checked Maddie out early and so she got to come with us. Cool slide, Maddie! Lexi was obsessed with her "bayoon" and carried it around all day.
She is talking up a storm these days. Jabbering all the time and has an amazing memory when we tell her we are going to do something, she doesn't forgot and is kind enough to remind us every 5 minutes that we promised to do something.
She loves nursery now and has no problem with me leaving. Yay!
I will admit that I have kind of enjoyed the snuggle time she wants now that she doesn't have her binkie. She likes me to rock her for a few minutes before bedtime to help her calm down. Not such a fan of it in the middle of the night when she can't get herself back to sleep though.
Sunday, February 16, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment