Sunday, October 6, 2013

Family fun is hard...

I kept telling Jeramy I really wanted to drive the Alpine Loop to see the fall leaves.  We decided that we should go after conference on Sunday.  We told the kids about it between sessions.  They all said, "NO!!  That sounds boring.  I don't want to."  And on and on, even Lexi said a few "No" just because she heard it so many times. 
Conference ended and we told the girls to get dressed.  (Yes, we were still in our jammies at  4).  Maddie started a "Maddie tantrum" that quickly escalated to epic proportions with stomping and slamming and yelling and crying. 
She didn't want to go. 
She refused to get dressed. 
We tried to stay calm. 
She, did not stay calm. 
She got so worked up that Macie started to cry.  When I asked why, she said she was crying because Maddie was crying. 
Girls. 
We finally got everyone in the car and headed out on our adventure.  We had never done the loop before, so we really didn't know what to expect.  It was pretty steep with a lot of switch-backs and about a million other people that had the same idea as us.  The girls were a bit nervous (something about an accident earlier in the summer that involved the van rolling down the side of a hill).  Maddie kept saying, "I just want to go home!"  Macie saying, "I just want to get out and walk."  Jeramy cursing all the idiot drivers and side of the road parkers.  The guy behind us honking obnoxiously at every side of the road idiot parker. 
We were having so much fun!
We got to the "t" in the road and Jeramy had to pull off and take a breather.  It was a bit tense in the car.  We were soon surrounded by about 10 cars and blocked in.  We waited and as we waited, Lexi decided she was done with our trip.  She started screaming and yelling "NO" to everything. 
Good times. 
Jeramy said, "There's no way I'm going to Cascade Springs, let's just go home."  I said that was fine, and he headed down the road towards the springs.  I kept quiet, not knowing what his plan was.  We got to the upper parking lot of the springs and it was pretty empty, so we stopped.  Got out and smelled our brakes.  Yikes!  They were crazy burning hot. 
Nice. 
Macie informed us she had to go to the bathroom.  We walked over and found this on the door...
So much fun!
We walked down to the springs, the kids said how lame it was.  We walked back up, Lexi cried/screamed the entire way back up.  If you look closely at the picture on the bridge, Lexi is crying.

I had told the kids no movie in the car - that they needed to enjoy the beauty - yeah, we watched Despicable Me on the ride home. 
Lexi screamed. 
Maddie whined. 
Lindsay threw up. 
Happy Sunday, everyone!

No comments: