Sunday, October 6, 2013

Carly's Wedding

When Maddie was very little, my sister got divorced and moved in with my parents.  At the time, my parents were watching Maddie about 30 hours a week for me, so Maddie spent a lot of time with my sister and her two girls.  We have always stayed close to the three of them over the  years.  Carly's senior year she did work release at school, so she got to join us on our weekly lunch dates with Grandma and Grandpa.  It was so fun to have those lunches to get to know her better as an "adult."  About the past year and a half, us Wakley's have definitely taken the back burner to this guy.  It's a good thing he's a great guy, or I'd be hurt that she prefers his company to mine these days.

Such a strange day to see my little Carly - who used to only wear gym shorts and play puppies with my girls - get married.  She's still just a kid to me and it was hard for me to see her all grown up and in love.  I know that she's happy and that makes me happy.  Scott really does complete her.  I just hope they don't end up with a million pets - they are both suckers for a sad little animal. 

They got married in the Salt Lake Temple and it just so happened to be freezing cold that day.  We had parked at the Conference Center underground and had forgot our jackets.  So cold!  Sweet Macie always gets blue lips when she's cold.  People kept asking what she had eaten.  Nothing, just cold!  Carly had wanted my girls to have matching dresses, because she had matching dresses with her cousins at my wedding.   I tried to deliver, but the girls all wanted different patterns.  I found a simple idea on Pinterest and tried it out.  Not my favorite, but the girls liked them. 
This is when I have to admit that I'm a control freak.  Did you know that about me?  Crazy, right? You'd never guess that I like to be in charge of things.  As Carly and Scott were planning their wedding, I had my doubts and I voiced them, many times.  They decided to have their reception at Rio Tinto soccer stadium.  (They are die hard fans).  I couldn't think of anything worse, except for having a photo booth for the guest book. 
Huh. 
Who knew that these crazy kids knew how to throw a fabulous reception?
The room was beautiful!  It was so fun to walk out and see the field.  The photo booth was so much fun!  My sisters and I did a picture together, and I don't think I've laughed that hard in ages.  I love my sisters, and I loved seeing all the old people whine about the photo booth, but then they did it anyway. 

My girls danced and danced all night and didn't want to leave.  Even Lexi finally got down and danced for a bit with her cousins.  (She now watches the video over and over on my phone). 

So grateful for my sweet Carly, and so excited to have Scott in our family!

No comments: